Need amp ideas

tell me about it...

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

so i guess im looking at buying the Audioque

The audioque is a good choice, but you don't need a 2 channel amp , you just need one that can handle a 1 ohm impedance. The Audioque is the best amp mentioned so far though.

oh wow, the mbq is not even 2 channel so thats out of the question

When I said "(mono)" in the previous reply, it meant "will work with a single channel amp". You do not need, and are suppressing most of your best options, by thinking you require a 2 channel amplifier. You can wire two subwoofers to a single channel amp.

Be patient. We will help you understand the mistake you are making. Do not choose an amplifier until you understand what I just said.

oh wow, the mbq is not even 2 channel so thats out of the question
Mono amps can run more than one sub, they are built for subs. You don't want to use a 2 channel in most sub cases. What you end up doing is wiring the speakers' coils in either series or parallel (for you series = 8-ohms, parallel = 2ohms for each sub). Then you would wire the subs together after in either series or parallel (for you do parallel in each instance to get 4ohms on the series coil configuration or 10hm on the parallel config). As for the amp, I would probably go AQ1200D. I have heard good things and the price is very economical for what you get.

wow im an idiot so i can use a mono block amp /facepalm
Hallelujah3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.