Need Advice on this build and sub choice's..

Participant count
  • Participant list

YearZero

Hi all, Got a 2014 Silverado Crewcab (non bose) and getting ready to upgrade....I want to keep the factory touch screen HU and everything must look as stock as possible. I plan on mounting the amps behind the rear seat and sub under the rear seat....A key thing for me is tight clean bass, SQ AND everything must be as discreet as possible...I don't want anything really visible from outside the truck so the sub enclosure needs to tuck under the rear seat as much as possible. I would actually like to mount a thin sub-woofer enclosure to the underside of the fold up seat itself so when I need to carry the dogs I still have the floor space. There are plenty of 8" powered subs on the market but I want a little more than what a single 8' can push. I listen to a variety of music from Country to rock, EDM, rap/hip hop and of course FOX News on XM :p

This is what I am thinking so far...

Audio Control DQ -61 sound processor from the factory radio to amps. This is pretty cheap on Amazon right now but open to suggestions on other processors like the JL Fix or Alpine IF the performance is really worth it.

Front Doors

Focal Integration ISS 690- 6x9 component or....

Focal Performance PS165v 6 3/4 component

(The PS165v are $200 off now from Crutchfield so same price at the ISS-690....thoughts????)

Rear Doors

Focal Integration ISC 165 2way coaxial

4 Channel Amp

JL Audio XD 400

Sub woofer

Option 1: JL Audio ACS110LG-TW1 10" powered sub to go under the drivers side rear seat...this is what I think will give me the best boom while still remaining neatly tucked under the rear seat.

Option 2: JL also has a 12" version of this but clearance under the seat becomes much tighter height wise...I MAY be able to shoehorn it in IF the 12" would be that much better than the 10"??

Option 3: JL also makes a dual 8" with built in 500w amp but I doubt I can get it to fit the way I want and its more expensive so that's not really an option but figure Id mention it anyway.

Option 4:?? I could go for another pre-loaded sub enclosure or custom build one myself and run a separate sub amp.

I've built enclosures before and this way I can build a box to fit EXACTLY how I want but wondering if its really worth it???. Are these pre-loaded/amp'd subs on par with a properly made custom built box and separate amp?? The JL 10TW1-2 needs just .35 sealed so I'm pretty sure I can build a box to fit that volume and maybe even have that integrated into the underside of the fold up seat itself a little. I just did my interior in Katskin leather and noticed the underside of the rear seat is pretty hollow and I could build a box almost 25"L x 15"D. with that kind of room I can make the box as THIN as possible (maybe even go with a single 12"?) and it would really disappear when the seats are folded down. The question still, is the PERFORMANCE worth it building my own box as opposed to something more plug and play?

Any other suggestions, comments, concerns??

thanks in advance.

ive never been that impressed with those truck boxes under the seat. I get you want room but you kinda have to give somewhere. unless your really not into alot of bass then i guess it will be fine but it wouldnt be for me. if i had a truck i would just cut through the cab and build something nice. also o think jl is overpriced, there are plenty of better options imo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.