need advice on system

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi, I'm new here and pretty much new to car audio in general. I am a quick learner and have a few friends who know their ****, so hopefully I will be a newbie for only a bit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Anyway, I just got a new car (2002 Honda Civic LX) and am looking to put a decent system in it. However I don't want the typical "wake up the whole neighborhood" type of system. It doesn't need to be the "phattest" bass or competition quality. I dont listen to rap. I listen to death/black metal. So what I want is something that can be very loud and clean with fast tight bass. I was planning on getting two 10" or 12" subs in a sealed box. But as for how much power I need or what brands would be best for the type of music I listen to, I'm not sure of that. Should I get 2, 3, or 4 way speakers? Amp the speakers or use the receiver? I don't want to spend a LOT, but I would be able to spend a bit more if needed. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.