Need advice on box design for 13w7 ported...

pimpn04coupe
10+ year member

Ok, i have gone with the idea of switching my 2 10s w7 for one 13w7. I have a 2004 330ci, which is a coupe with foldown rear seats and a pretty limited size trunk, and the trunk is insolated so well that with the seats up you do not hear any bass in the cabin from your subs... the way i had with my 2 10s was that i had the seat folded down... but now i want to have my seats folded up and knock out the ski pass (middle of rear seats where armrest folded down) to allow the bass to flow into the car. Now comes the design questions... is it more efficient to face the sub forward or reverse, and which side to port it at? my installers said that its best to face it toward the driver right behind the ski pass with the port facing the same way... my friend has the same setup in his g35 sedan, and he has the sub facing down toward the floor and the port facing the rear.. im torn because unfortunately i cannot just expirement with different posiions because its too expensive to build muiltiple boxes so i cant move around the box and expirement which way to face it, any input would be great, thanks alot in advance...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.