Need Advice, 95 Lexus Gs300

Participant count
  • Participant list

gs300tx
10+ year member

Texas
Hey guys,

I need some advice, currently in my 95 Gs300 I have replaced the factory 4" speakers with 5.25" Pioneer Coaxials running off the HU. Since the mid bass is horrible I was wondering if I should add some 6*9's in the back(behind the rear seat head rest).

or

Should I Upgrade to better components up front? I was think of the Pioneer Rev Series.

Thanks

It might have to do with the speakers i have, that and the fact that the pioneers are $50/ pair and the hybrid l4 is around $300.

There might be some gaps around the speaker since we tried to install the 5.25" speakers, had to make some modifications.

If there are gaps, how can I seal them?

any rigid material that can be used to cover it, then secured into place....to get good, solid midbass output you need a rigid surface...also make sure you didn't wire speakers out of phase as this can impact midbass output as well......

if you have some laying around...you can close the gaps with sound deadner...

Thanks, I have some left over sound proofing foam as well, could i use that on the doors or would that be a bad idea?

P4070255.jpg
P4070256.jpg
P4070257.jpg
P4070260.jpg
im in the process of doing my doors on my 95 sc300 i got the mdf prefab off ebay for like 40$ still have to foam around them a little to completely seal them up and then im gonna seal the big opening with some heavy mill plastic and some silicone...but even though im not done the midbass sounded great when i tested them out how it is now..i know the gs is very similar to my car

having problems uploading pictures off my brothers mac....sorry

Wow, that looks awesome!! My car is no where near that, mainly because I dont know how to do it my self. i got someone that does it but I doubt we can accomplish all that. All I want is to make sure the speakers are sealed and maybe use some of the sound proofing foam around it.

im sure you guys could do it... just buy some deadener.. maybe like the extreme door kit off ebay..i think i saw the kit for like 57 shipped.dynamat the doors and seal your gaps with the foam your talking about...how do you have the mids mounted,did you modify the stock pods some how or what?

by the way.... great car

I was actually going to get the SC300(pearl white) but deal didint go through, it was my first choice. But then found the gs.As far as the speakers go, we had to cut parts of the original baffle to make the 5.25's fit.

I noticed you have PG RSD's, how do you like them?

i havent had alot of time listening to them yet but tested them for about 10 min. the other day and so far i like them...lots of midbass. i would imagine it will sound even better once the doors all sealed up.

i love my lex's.... first was a 93 ls400 pearl white/silver 2 tone sold that cause i wanted something sporty...got the sc300 5spd about 8 months ago,tryin to do a big single turbo kit in the near future...and when this ones done id like to find a 1stgen gs like yours...our two cars 1stgen sc and gs can be some of the baddest cars on the road imo.you spend any time on clublexus.com...some of those guys have some sick lex's

I am actually on there, havent posted much, but ya, ur right. The minute I drove this I know i had to have it. Especially when you consider that I had been driving nothing but old buicks and cadillacs lol.

Thanks for the advice, this is my game plan

1)dynamat extreme the door panels

2) replace the current speakers with PG RSD 5C

3) add a piece of sound proofing foam behind the speaker

4)seal any gaps with molding clay

I think that about covers it. BTw, do you have 6.5's or 5.25s?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.