Need a spot o' help.......

SKMexiFry
10+ year member

...For a Porkchop, uh...
If I were to wire another battery in my car, does it have to be the same size as the battery that is already in there, or can I wire some big ass battery to it?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

The main concern is your alternator. You can put a 'big ass' battery in your car, but your alternator has to be powerful enough to keep it charged.

Will this battery be in addition to your stock battery? If yes then I would say your alternator could not handle the load. If you're replacing the stock battery with a bigger battery then it may work. The majority of stock alternators are designed to keep the charge balanced on the battery. If you have a truck designed for towing, or some other large type of accessory, then your alternator is designed to work overtime when needed. On the average vehicle, the alternator would have to work overtime almost all the time just to maintain the balance of the charge on a larger battery. If this is the case, I would read up on how to replace alternators if you don't already know. It may only take a few months or it may take a few years, but either way your alternator will suffer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.