Need a new amp any suggestions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Juicee
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im looking for something that will put out around 2500-3000 rms for around $300-350 thats reliable, I was thinkin about getting a planet audio bb2400.1. I made a mistake and bought a power acoustik amp that lasted 2 days lol not knowing before i bought it that the old power acoustik I had and loved was the db series which I guess isnt even a pa board.

What load are you running? The Planet Audio BB2400.1 will not do 3000 watts. At 14.4V it'll do about 1900 to 200 watts I have seen a few do 2300 watts. I am not sure about the reliability though.

What does your electrical look like?

There are other budget H/O amps on the market but they are not CEA rated so their power is questionable. I have heard people having luck with the PA BAMF 5500. Audiopipe makes a decent amp the AudioPipe 3000D (2 ohm load though).

The AudioQue 2200 is really good and you may get lucky and find a AudioQue 3500.1D for cheap. I got two used AudioQue 35001.D for under $600.

i will need a larger alternator... i have a capacitor for now, i know its not the best but it does help... just using it until i get the correct upgrades. I also have 1/0 gauge power and ground wire. I also have another question ive heard running 2 different subs in the same box is a big no no i have a power acoustik 12 122x mofo and an audiobahn 12 immortal series (got a good price on them together) should i sell the audiobahn and get another mofo or sell them both maybe and try to get something a little more reputable. Im kinda new to this so all feedback is appreciated.

running an amp that does close to 2k with just a capacitor is why you killed the PA amp in 2 days.

dont think about buying another amp until you have the big 3 in 1/0, a decent alt and at least 2 group 31 batts to supply the juice.

if you get a new amp your just going to kill it running it on a factory electrical system.

What load are you running? The Planet Audio BB2400.1 will not do 3000 watts. At 14.4V it'll do about 1900 to 200 watts I have seen a few do 2300 watts. I am not sure about the reliability though.What does your electrical look like?

There are other budget H/O amps on the market but they are not CEA rated so their power is questionable. I have heard people having luck with the PA BAMF 5500. Audiopipe makes a decent amp the AudioPipe 3000D (2 ohm load though).

The AudioQue 2200 is really good and you may get lucky and find a AudioQue 3500.1D for cheap. I got two used AudioQue 35001.D for under $600.

The PA amp that went on me was the 4000w BAMF dont want to try another. Ill check out the audiopipe though... The AQ amps you have for sale is that $600 each?

running an amp that does close to 2k with just a capacitor is why you killed the PA amp in 2 days.
dont think about buying another amp until you have the big 3 in 1/0, a decent alt and at least 2 group 31 batts to supply the juice.

if you get a new amp your just going to kill it running it on a factory electrical system.
Any idea on about how much the batteries run price wise?

you can get deka 9a31s on the forum from bad for health or dbeez for ~130 each shipped.

for an alt i would look into excessive amperage, mechman, dc power, ohio generator. just google them and give them a call when you find the number.

The Big 3 upgrade and an upgraded alternator with an additional battery will make sure you get the most out of your system. Theres a company on eBay that is producing quality alternators and their decently priced. They do what they are rated at too.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=3&campid=5336533469&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fmyworld.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fbnrparts%2F%3F_trksid%3Dp4340.l2559

I would not run those subs in the same box. They both produce a different response, excursion, Qs, etc. Sell one of the subs ad get a match for the other. Use those until you looking to upgrade your subs. Just search the classifieds here you can find some good deals on amps and subs. I am not knocking your subs. It's not hard to get loud now a days, but too get loud and sound good is different fet. Take your time and buy one thing after the other.

The PA amp that went on me was the 4000w BAMF dont want to try another. Ill check out the audiopipe though... The AQ amps you have for sale is that $600 each?
He's saying you broke the amp because you have no clue what you're doing, and your electrical is not up to the task...There is nothing wrong with any main stream amp if taken care of by a professional.

The words..2.5-3k...Reliable...And $350 do not work in the same sentence.

I suggest doing about a solid month's worth of research and studying. Put together an itemized list of every single nut, bolt, component, sound deadener, ring terminals...etc...Then start saving money.

I'm not trying to offend you but you are making poor, impulsive purchases at this time, and I'm trying to save you money by helping you take on your sound system with at least a small amount of tact, and strategy...

A 3,000 watt rms sound system is an enormous investment, and is not $350...A 3,000 watt rms system, including everything can easily run up into the thousands even using budget components like wire etc..

Whoever you are trying to impress will be there in 3 months when you are -- compared to today -- a total pro with an actual amount of money to buy a real system and more importantly the knowlege to use it..

Nope sorry. I brought these for less than $600. Got one for $300 and then the guy had another one nd he said O could have it for a another $300 but I only had $275 on me. nd he took it. The Bass Godz truly blessed me on that day.

He's saying you broke the amp because you have no clue what you're doing, and your electrical is not up to the task...There is nothing wrong with any main stream amp if taken care of by a professional.
The words..2.5-3k...Reliable...And $350 do not work in the same sentence.

I suggest doing about a solid month's worth of research and studying. Put together an itemized list of every single nut, bolt, component, sound deadener, ring terminals...etc...Then start saving money.

I'm not trying to offend you but you are making poor, impulsive purchases at this time, and I'm trying to save you money by helping you take on your sound system with at least a small amount of tact, and strategy...

A 3,000 watt rms sound system is an enormous investment, and is not $350...A 3,000 watt rms system, including everything can easily run up into the thousands even using budget components like wire etc..

Whoever you are trying to impress will be there in 3 months when you are -- compared to today -- a total pro with an actual amount of money to buy a real system and more importantly the knowlege to use it..
Yup had a guy buy a T40001BD and ran 2 gauge wire (only 1 run) spliced on a old Diehard battery and 80 amp alternator. He said he had everything he needed but added a 5 farad cap for more power because 1 farad is good for 1000 watts. I almost wanted to physically stop him from installing it...That amp was dead in a day. He said it was a old battery thats why. He told me he was going to send it in for repair and get a new battery.

Well thank you all for your input i guess ill have to do a little more than i originally had planned heh. Im glad I posted this here before i went ahead and got the amp though, I wouldnt be very happy if i got it and it also died lol. Im sure ill be back with more questions in the near future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.