Navigation Radio Installation

gcaraway

Hey guys! I have a few questions about installing a new system in my 2008 Chevrolet Tahoe. Right now my setup is just stock (basic head unit with bose speakers). Looks like this -- http://image.trucktrend.com/f/8175848/163_0806_30z+full_size_suv_comparison+chevy_tahoe_LT_interior.jpg

I would like to upgrade to the navigation radio that comes stock with the higher-end models of the same car. This is what I want it to look like. -- http://image.trucktrend.com/f/8575423/163_0707_photos_08z+2008_chevrolet_tahoe_hybrid+interior_view.jpg

I think that it may require buying more things than I think. Will I need to get a GPS antenna? What dash kit will I need? Also, do y'all know if there is a navigation CD that I will have to somehow get from a dealership?

Thank you all very much ahead of time for taking the time to answer my questions.

it looks like it will fit fine, especially since the navigation unit come as an upgrade in the same vehicle.

im not sure but it seems it would cost more money, and be more work and headaches to go with an oem style unit.

if it were me i would go the aftermarket route. unless you find a killer deal on that navi unit, cause typically oem stuff like this goes for a pretty penny.

and you shouldn't need any dash kits to make it fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.