Hooking up Sundown saz-1500D and Sax-100.4D

chrisct
10+ year member

lousiana
I want to hook these 2 amps up. Do you think knukoncept's Kolossus Fleks 0 Gauge Dual Amp Power Kit would work for this? 0 GAUGE DUAL AMP POWER KIT

Basically 0 gauge splitting to 2 4guage wires. The sundown Sax-100.4 is 30x3 amps and the saz-1500d is 40x3 amps. What inline and fuse block fuses do I need? Thanks for the help. If there are any better/cheaper amp kits please let me know.

I am not sure yet. This setup is going into a Chevy Avalanche. I am trying to avoid getting a new alternator and additional battery. I never had a problem with this setup on a stock ford explorer. Do you think I can get away with out upgrading the electrical. I am planning on putting in the big 3 upgrade. Thanks for your help

a 200 amp fuse should get you where tiu need for that.
my question is are you going to back these amps up with a second batt or high output alt?
chances are your wrong it will need none of the above if this is the newer aval it has a stock dr44 that consevitively rated at 160 amps and will do 180 to 190 real amps hot and will hold that amp cause im will to bet it will be at 1 ohm and make no real power and even at .5 rise will make it about 1k enless he has a box that keeps rise down

gtbike900, you kinda lost me in your posts. What are you recommending? Do you think I need to upgrade my battery or alternator or should I be ok? The subs are 2 sundown sa-12 and the 2 front door speakers are hertz mlk mille if this information helps at all. I am thinking of using a 250amp inline fuse under the hood, and a distribution block(0 gauge input and two 0 gauge output) to go to each amp. TSUNAMI DB8021 0 GAUGE DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 2 POSITION - eBay (item 180567810630 end time Dec-27-10 09:45:14 PST) Do I need to place additional fuses between the distribution block and the amps?

gtbike900, you kinda lost me in your posts. What are you recommending? Do you think I need to upgrade my battery or alternator or should I be ok? The subs are 2 sundown sa-12 and the 2 front door speakers are hertz mlk mille if this information helps at all. I am thinking of using a 250amp inline fuse under the hood, and a distribution block(0 gauge input and two 0 gauge output) to go to each amp. TSUNAMI DB8021 0 GAUGE DISTRIBUTION BLOCK 2 POSITION - eBay (item 180567810630 end time Dec-27-10 09:45:14 PST) Do I need to place additional fuses between the distribution block and the amps?
I am about to do the same thing and I think it would be better to run separate fuses to each amp. Did you ever get it hooked up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.