Nakamichi PA-2004 4 channel Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Wadester999

Hi, I have a Nak PA-2004 from about 2001. I'm told it actually a Zed Audio amp, but not sure. It quit working on me about 4 years ago, so I boxed it up and downsized my car stereo to a single 5 channel amp. I'd like to get it repaired, but not sure who to take it to. I opened the cover, and here's the only visible thing that looks wrong to me (a total newb at this level) I'm in the LA, Orange County and San Diego areas. Thanks for looking.

Want to sell it?

Hi, I have a Nak PA-2004 from about 2001. I'm told it actually a Zed Audio amp, but not sure. It quit working on me about 4 years ago, so I boxed it up and downsized my car stereo to a single 5 channel amp. I'd like to get it repaired, but not sure who to take it to. I opened the cover, and here's the only visible thing that looks wrong to me (a total newb at this level) I'm in the LA, Orange County and San Diego areas. Thanks for looking.

Possibly. I was going to use it for rear fill and bridged subwoofer to go along with my McIntosh amp, but if I could sell it and the matching mono PA-2001(?) I could use that money towards another McIntosh. What do you think they are worth?

I also he a Nakamichi CD-45z and an older TD-500 headunits and an old active crossover unit if you are interested. Oh and a couple old Nak plate amps from the 80s.

If you're talking about the goo around the caps that's just glue. Doesn't indicate a problem.

That doesn't look like a Zed Nak to me, but I don't know for sure.

Send the pics to Zed. If it's theirs I'm sure they would be happy to repair it for you as cheap as reasonably possible.

They're in Simi Valley.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.