What amp for my mids?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I keep finding all these subwoofer wire charts for mono block amps... can anyone give me a website that has a wire calculator for 2 chanel amps for wiring mid range? Could figure everything out I need from it probably

I keep finding all these subwoofer wire charts for mono block amps... can anyone give me a website that has a wire calculator for 2 chanel amps for wiring mid range? Could figure everything out I need from it probably
You have crossovers?

Dvc?? Finding an amp that actually puts out good power at 4 ohms?? Cant I wire it up for a 2 ohm load if I only use one voice coil on each speaker?
type R 6x9s are single voice coil you are getting everything jumbled up dude. Its just pos to pos, neg to neg on each channel seeing 4 ohms each channel. Wiring couldn't be any simpler.

type R 6x9s are single voice coil you are getting everything jumbled up dude. Its just pos to pos, neg to neg on each channel seeing 4 ohms each channel. Wiring couldn't be any simpler.
They are advertising them wrong then. Specs say dvc 4 ohm. I'll have them in a week and we will see... so if they are only svc, on a 2 chanel amp would 2 4ohm speakers drop it to 2 ohms? Or will it still only draw 4 ohm?

They are advertising them wrong then. Specs say dvc 4 ohm. I'll have them in a week and we will see... so if they are only svc, on a 2 chanel amp would 2 4ohm speakers drop it to 2 ohms? Or will it still only draw 4 ohm?
I'm running type R 6x9s bro. its single voice coil. it will only drop to 2 ohm if you wire both speakers to a single channel of the two channel. If you wire it to each individual channel, it'll be 4 ohm each channel.

I'm running type R 6x9s bro. its single voice coil. it will only drop to 2 ohm if you wire both speakers to a single channel of the two channel. If you wire it to each individual channel, it'll be 4 ohm each channel.
Yep that ^^^^^^^^

I believe you man, lol so I need to be looking for something that will deliver around 100 watts at 4ohms? What are you pushing yours with? I'm installing these in the rear, eventually I will do four 6.5" type r in the front on a 4 chanel amp

I believe you man, lol so I need to be looking for something that will deliver around 100 watts at 4ohms? What are you pushing yours with? I'm installing these in the rear, eventually I will do four 6.5" type r in the front on a 4 chanel amp
To be honest man, you dont need to focus too much on the rears if you do your front stage properly. All i'm running is on my signature located at the bottom of each of my posts. Put that money into proper sound deadening and a good quality amp for the fronts instead. Do you have time alignment or anything to help the soundstage?

Currently have my front stage on a ppi p900.4 it does alright loud enough to keep up with two 18s on 7k watts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.