Nakamichi Amp Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

andy32844
10+ year member

I have a Nakamichi PA1500 amp running two Sundown SA-12's at 1ohm. I'm not very knowledgeable about sub and amp power but it seems like the amp just isn't enough for the SA 12's. Someone recommended the amp a couple years ago and I've been using it ever sense. I was thinking about upgrading to a better amp. I was thinking maybe a Sundown Amp? Anyone have any suggestions?  

I have a Nakamichi PA1500 amp running two Sundown SA-12's at 1ohm. I'm not very knowledgeable about sub and amp power but it seems like the amp just isn't enough for the SA 12's. Someone recommended the amp a couple years ago and I've been using it ever sense. I was thinking about upgrading to a better amp. I was thinking maybe a Sundown Amp? Anyone have any suggestions?  
for your amps specs https://www.amp-performance.de/en/Nakamichi-PA-1500.html

looks like a good amp and Nakamichi is a weird brand for someone not in the know to stumble upon, but its very solid gear usually.

whats your budget and what gauge wire are you running from your battery to where your amp is? Also, if you go much beyond the 1100 or so watts the Nak is rated at, youre going to want to do the big 3 and run 0 gauge wire if youre currently running 4 gauge

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.