Best amp for 10" Dayton Ultimax

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justin Daniel

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm looking at the 10" Dayton Ultimax and DIY sealed enclosure combo that is on Parts Express, and I'm having some trouble finding something to power it. I'm probably not going to upgrade to anything bigger/more, so it looks like I need something that is 500 RMS at either 1 or 4 Ohms. I keep finding 1 Ohm stable amps at 2000k watts, which I don't think I need/my alternator will support.  My budget is probably $250 or less (ideally less!). Any suggestions would be super helpful!

Awesome. Thanks a ton you both. I have been out of the game for about 10 years when I had two Brahmas, and I'm looking for something a little lower key now that I'm an old man, haha.  I didn't know that Soundcubed amps were any good, but from doing some reading it seems like they are good to go!

Awesome. Thanks a ton you both. I have been out of the game for about 10 years when I had two Brahmas, and I'm looking for something a little lower key now that I'm an old man, haha.  I didn't know that Soundcubed amps were any good, but from doing some reading it seems like they are good to go!
both of those models i posted are hte chinese made amps, but people seem to be having great luck with them vs the korean amps theyv emade for years. Parent company of SoundQubed is Digital Designs (aka DD) and theyre known for being good stuff, albeit pricey. DD and SoundQubed both made a name for themselves by selling amps made by zenon. Zenon and S&I are the two big buildhouses out of south korea who have been making very decent stuff over the last decade or so and the new wave of chinese stuff is dang decent for the price as well. Happy hunting!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.