Nak vs Pioneer.....

Participant count
  • Participant list

awdeo

n/a
I currently have the Pioneer premier 920. It's a good deck and all but I want some serious SQ. I have Focal Polykevlar components in the front and 2 13" Focal Utopia subs.

I have really been wanting the Pioneer DEX-P9 with the DEQ-P9 for quite some time now. The time has come when I will finally be able to get it. But I was also considering the Nakamichi CD-700. The only problem to me is the lack of features on the Nak deck. I am wondering if the SQ difference of the Nak would be better than the pioneer and be worth it even without the features?

I say stick with Pioneer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Great quality, endless feature list, and it looks good too;)

A deck doesn't matter. Just get the one with the features that you need to get the job done. I say forget the DEX and go for the 940mp or stick with your 920, its one heck of a deck.

What are your amps?

A good system starts with a quality deck...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Hey, I didn't make the rules, I just follow them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif I'll always have a quality deck, but once you get to that level, go with what you feel.

Yeah, I know, I'm also glad to hear that you will also use a quality deck:D. And your right, once you have experienced a few different decks, go with what you like.

a good deck is what makes the system go gooder use your ears to tell you what has the best sq you are your own judge personaly i'd go 4 the nak no spacial fetures but but renound 4 sq if you set your system up right you dont need all of the time allignment and eq gear in decks that adds cost and unnessary prosesing a good system comprises of a quality h/u 2 good amps 2 10 "subs Maby 8 s instead depends on how loud u want it a pair of awesome 13 cm splits in the kickpanels

Aperfect system

Alpine x series 2 way splits

2 type s subs

2 2channell amps 1 4sub and 1 4 spkrs

nice big ofc wire

a good sounding H/U (personal choice)

thats my opinion and i've won 3 sq and spl trophys with a system similar to that

Originally posted by awdeo I currently have the Pioneer premier 920. It's a good deck and all but I want some serious SQ. I have Focal Polykevlar components in the front and 2 13" Focal Utopia subs.

I have really been wanting the Pioneer DEX-P9 with the DEQ-P9 for quite some time now. The time has come when I will finally be able to get it. But I was also considering the Nakamichi CD-700. The only problem to me is the lack of features on the Nak deck. I am wondering if the SQ difference of the Nak would be better than the pioneer and be worth it even without the features?
IMO, I would go for the P9/P9 combo. I believe it is one of the more widely used combinations in SQ competition. I was considering purchasing both of these myself, but decided on a cheaper, more visually pleasing alternative //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.