Naggin' Noise from left front speaker

camdog
10+ year member

Atlanta
I just got my Pioneer 9400 installed two weeks ago. Everytime I start the engine I get this little staticy sound coming from the front left speakers. When I shut off the engine, it makes this clicking sound for a couple of seconds after everything is off. What's up with that. Any ideas? I have the headunit and one of those Infinity BASSLINK sub/amp combos in the back. Help!

when you turn off the car, the detachable face alarm beeps(thats the chirp your hearing). as for the front two speakers, i would not have a clue why they would have static. Did you replace your stock speakers. If not, i would suggest you do. Hope this helps!!!!!

My fronts are connected to the HU. They fronts are component speakers(Infinity Kappa), so yes, they have X-overs. The HU also has X-overs for the Front positions.

I have had 'static' problems in my front compnent speakers in the past as well. I found that moisture was building up in the x-over (mounted inside doors) causing small shorts. But, If this started happening at the same time that the HU was replaced then you know that the problem is probobly at the HU. Make sure all connections held strong and tight when you installed the HU. Also, you may want to trace the wire from the HU. If you had the HU professionally installed then take it back to them. A speaker wire may also be grounding out on something. Make sure that none of the speaker wires are touching the metal basket of the speaker at the connection and that they are not contacting any other metal.

Originally posted by camdog My fronts are connected to the HU. They fronts are component speakers(Infinity Kappa), so yes, they have X-overs. The HU also has X-overs for the Front positions.
you may be inducting noise right into the x-over itself. see if moving the X-over changes the level of noise. If not then us a test speaker and connect it directly to the HU to see if noise is coming from it OR not.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.