My two subs are a few millimeters short of fitting in my trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

melomy

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have two of these subs: https://rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/r1-1x12/

I want to fit them side by side facing the back of the car but I need like 1-3mm extra space. The plastic things on the picture is what makes it not fit.

What's the best option here? Do I cut 1-3mm away from one of the subs?

Corsa-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does just removing the rubber gaskets do the job?   I've seen people trim off edges of the frame with an angle grinder but only in really extreme builds.  Surely there's a better option for you.

Does just removing the rubber gaskets do the job?   I've seen people trim off edges of the frame with an angle grinder but only in really extreme builds.  Surely there's a better option for you.
I'm not sure what you mean by rubber gasket?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.