My system is weighing down the back of my car. What can I do?

I found the Airlift 1000 on Ebay for$97, but they're all for older models. I have a 2003 Chevy Impala and can't seem to find an airlift for it.

I feel your "pain" man. I have an 06 Monte Carlo and i put my system in around Christmas time, NVX sound deadening, 2 12" subs, with 3 amplifiers. That sound deadening is some heavy stuff too. Now you can see and feel the rear end sagging. When I drive it feels like I'm pulling a fully loaded trailer complete with the swaying left to right of the rear. I got under my car to see if I could see anything outta the ordinary and i noticed one of my rear struts was bad. Sooo...not only have I spent Plenty on my system, now I gotta purchase two new rear struts. Of course imma get some heavy duty struts. The things us "bass heads" gotta do! Good Luck

Air ride ftw. My 03 Mercury Grand Marquis came with air springs from factory. I recently had to replace them after 12 years and 95,000 miles. Couldn't live without it. I haven't loaded the car with audio yet, but when I load it with 6 people including me, my wife and 4 kids (3 of which are teenage boys) it just clicks on the air compressor and raises to optimal ride height.

Cost me about $400 to replace both air springs and the air compressor, but we'll worth it.

Air ride ftw. My 03 Mercury Grand Marquis came with air springs from factory. I recently had to replace them after 12 years and 95,000 miles. Couldn't live without it. I haven't loaded the car with audio yet, but when I load it with 6 people including me, my wife and 4 kids (3 of which are teenage boys) it just clicks on the air compressor and raises to optimal ride height.
Cost me about $400 to replace both air springs and the air compressor, but we'll worth it.
What compressor does that use, and how loud is it from within the cabin?

What compressor does that use, and how loud is it from within the cabin?
It's from Arnott Industries. So are the air springs (air bags.) I bought it all from advanced auto parts. They are available online. You could contact them for compatible models for your car.

The hardest part for you would be running air lines front to back. Honestly not much harder that running power cables. Mine run then along the frame. The compressor isn't that big, mines sits underneath my air filter box. And runs super quiet. Sometimes I can hardly tell it's running, I just feel the rear end raising up. The air springs fit in factory location where regular coil springs would go.

My dad runs a local spring shop here in Shreveport. He recommended getting new springs made for the rear. You can have them custom tempered to hold the added weight and still ride like the car would stock
How much does that usually cost? I'm having the same weight problems lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.