My subs are not hitting evenly! Cause?

marquisbrah
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Heres all i know about my layout. 2 kicker L7 15's. Each wired to a kx 1200.1 amp. Two amps, two subs basically. The amps are both runing on the same 1/0 power wire with a distributor. They arent strapped. Two sets of rca's. One from HU to amp 1 and one from amp 1 to amp 2. When the bass hits, they hit uneven. Like one by one, not both at the same time. It freaked me out. My brother said that when he had them before, he had repaired one because it had blown. Any help is appreciated.

Heres all i know about my layout. 2 kicker L7 15's. Each wired to a kx 1200.1 amp. Two amps, two subs basically. The amps are both runing on the same 1/0 power wire with a distributor. They arent strapped. Two sets of rca's. One from HU to amp 1 and one from amp 1 to amp 2. When the bass hits, they hit uneven. Like one by one, not both at the same time. It freaked me out. My brother said that when he had them before, he had repaired one because it had blown. Any help is appreciated.
maybe running a split track and one amp is doing the right and one is doing the left. i always wanted to make my subs act like a double pedal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

maybe running a split track and one amp is doing the right and one is doing the left. i always wanted to make my subs act like a double pedal //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
i'm pretty sure bass is recorded as being mono

yeah that blanket statement was spot on, no song ever made split bass tracks, good call.
sad%20troll.png

What was weird was that after the problem began, one sub was playing the low bass, while the second gave the bursts of bass during the song when it would go from low continuous bass to the high peak of the bass. I didnt have this problem before until today. Also, the first sub had stoPed playing mid- song. And the one that worked was pretty stiff conpared to the other one.

What was weird was that after the problem began, one sub was playing the low bass, while the second gave the bursts of bass during the song when it would go from low continuous bass to the high peak of the bass. I didnt have this problem before until today. Also, the first sub had stoPed playing mid- song. And the one that worked was pretty stiff conpared to the other one.
if you have a dmm check the coil readings for each sub

is this how retarded you look right now?...yes.
In all fairness I said "I'm pretty sure", as well as the fact that bass is omnidirectional which wouldn't quite make sense to have multiple tracks for it. Maybe there are those kind of split tracks that are older, but I listen to rap & dubstep and there's no split bass tracks lol.

In all fairness I said "I'm pretty sure", as well as the fact that bass is omnidirectional which wouldn't quite make sense to have multiple tracks for it. Maybe there are those kind of split tracks that are older, but I listen to rap & dubstep and there's no split bass tracks lol.
well such an outlandish thing does exist.

Low bass is omnidirectional, as in the human ear is unable to discern its origin. But microphones can and do. Low bass is recorded in stereo, and the signal can vary from one channel to the other. If I was the OP, running multiple sub amps to different subs, I would definitely sum the sub signal to mono (via Y-adapters, or a pre-amp device).

If one sub was repaired, it likely will react differently than the old one. Different suspension compliance, if nothing else. With differences in impedance rise from this, it could alter performance fairly significantly from one driver to the other, depending on the box design. We also have no way to know who reconed it, or if it was returned to original specs. Having two subs that do not work (almost) identically means their output will not couple together well, making over all output erratic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.