My son's "Mini SPL" build.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
Just posted this over at caco, but wanted everyone to see it.

So, I heard about this "Mini SPL" usaci class and did some searching on it and thought it was the coolest thing ever. My son, who is almost 5, thinks the deebeez is just the coolest thing ever in daddy's car, so with a TON of help from F3M4 and StripperPole- we got to work on his Powerweheels truck. The battery that came in it was shot anyway.

Most of the trucks I saw when I searched made the entire front seat area the "cabin" for the sub, but I wanted my boy to still be able to drive it so we just used the passenger area for the "cabin." The rules state that the vehicle has to drive 40ft into the testing area and then 40ft out of the area anyway, so I thought it would be cool if he could drive it in and out himself.

Virgin truck. Batt test fit.
image_1.jpg

All cut up and ready for construction.
image_12.jpg

Floor layed out.

image_2.jpg

Begininings of the box. We decided on a 4th order for a Kicker L5 12.

image_3.jpg

image_5.jpg

image_8.jpg

Fitment in the truck.

image_9.jpg

Used a piece of plexi from a 10 year old badpass that I used to have to allow the mic to get into the cabin.

IMG_0867.jpg

Fittin it all together.

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

I didn't get any pics of it buttoned up and the amp mounted. I will be sure to add some later. We just couldn't wait to burp this thing. Didn't even have the aero for it so we just used a piece of tube.

IMG_0876.jpg

With just a tube and no tuning or anything...

IMG_0656 by TaylorFade, on Flickr

160 flat @ 48hz. Lol. Not too shabby from an L5 and a Powerbass asa 1k. I know this little truck has more in it. And we have some pretty killer plans in the works for it, but Daddy has been busy with his own finals build.

Stay tuned for updates.

Awesome Work Bro !!! Those things are fun !!!

We have one of those in our camp ... Alexis Hill's Caddy built by her father Eddie Hill.

26203460027_medium.jpg
26203460054_medium.jpg
26203460055_medium.jpg

Usaci rules states that the vehicle has to be driven by the child into the lanes, metered, then driven back to the pit by the child.

Awesome Work Bro !!! Those things are fun !!! We have one of those in our camp ... Alexis Hill's Caddy built by her father Eddie Hill.

26203460027_medium.jpg
26203460054_medium.jpg
26203460055_medium.jpg

Usaci rules states that the vehicle has to be driven by the child into the lanes, metered, then driven back to the pit by the child.
Wow. That's you guys? I saw that vid on YouTube when I was looking around for ideas. That's awesome! Lol. Yeah, we're nowhere near 180 yet, but we have a lot left to do. I am reconsidering the 4th order idea now. I think we might have gotten better numers from a straight ported design so that all of the pressure from the sub AND port get to the cabin.

Care to share your design with me? Lol. What equipment are you guys running?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.