My new setup.

Demi
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hahira GA
Well after alot of reading i think ive made my mind up on what im gonna get. Im buying a 1991 Accord Wagon tuesday, which is gonna be sweet for a system. I already have a Alpine MRD-M1005 and a CDA-9857.

So here is what else i had planned.

• 12" Alpine Type-X in 2.5cubes 32hz box.
  • Alpine MRV-F345
  • 6.5" Pioneer REV Components
  • Dynamat Extreme Bulk Pack

Im not sure but i think the backs are 6x9s, either way i was thinking some infinity 2-ways. How does all that sound?

Also do you think this will require a second battery? The one that is in there is just some generic thing. Big three upgrade will happen the day i get it.

Not really a budget system, i really want the Type-X, but if i can save money in other areas without comprmising SQ then by all means. Where can a get a good Dynamat substitute?

rev's are great for under $100, but if you have a bigger budget you could do better (components) and you don't need rear speakers.

maybe an SI BM for that amp, but it could be a bit too much power.

also look into the Fi subs.

Im pretty dead set on the Type-X as SQ is a big factor for me, and the reviews ive read have been outstanding. CA&E tied it at #2 of their 10 best subs with a sub that costs MUCH MUCH more. As far as rear speakers go i want my passengers to enjoy my system as well, but i dont need nearly the SQ back there as up front. What compents would you recommend over the REVs? The only reason i picked the Alpine amp for the speakers is because it matches the one i have now, but thats not really a big deal to me if i can find something as good for cheaper.

do not consider ca&e's reviews credible at all!
Well i dont consider any one source a creditable source with it comes to something as subjective as speakers. The way it was described by members on this forum is really what put me on to it. I bought the M1005 with the X in mind. I dont want UBER output because im stationed in Germany, and man do those guys have some sound ordenaces......good lord. But anyway, these will be my first compnents ever, so i dont know much about them. I had just heard that the REV were really good for the money but im open to suggestions.

never heard a type x but the type r are worth your money so the type x has to be better
hahahahah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: made my day.

back on topic.

I would look into an IDMax, great SQ and I think would be cheaper than getting the Type X.

http://www.mainstreet-audio.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=IDMAX12D4&Category_Code=IMSUB

wire it down to 2 ohms and u got a perfect 1,000 rms to the sub. And in a 2.5 tuned to 32hz would be killer.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

good read on sound deadeners (Rammat best for the money, SS damplifier the best).

cant help u much on ur component choice tho. sorry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.