MY NEW PHEONIX GOLD AMPS???? As good as "old" PG?

hyrolincstmz
10+ year member

I recently bought 2 pheonix gold amps, Phoenix Gold V8001 Ryval 1600W Amplifier thats the picture of them. they are both said to be 1000 watt amps. one is a 4 channel and the other a 2 channel.

I was told by the stereo shop down the street that there really only 300 watt amps. how much truth is there to this? (they're the PheonixGold ryval amps)

And the 4 channel i bought for running two sets of compnent 6.5"s, is this a good one to use and is it possible to run a third set of speakers off a 4 channel safely?

Using the 2 channel for two solobaric 10's. . . .

Any legitamate experience with these is def appreciated

The V8001 will do 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms, 800 x 1 @ 2 ohms, the V754 will do 75 x 4 @ 4 ohms, 120 x 4 @ 2 ohms, and 250 x 2 @ 4 ohms - both at 13.8v. They will do rated power. I'd be weary of what that dealer tells in the future, he either doesn't know what he's talking about or doesn't like PG.

The Ryval series amplifiers are budget amps they will do rated and no more.

The "new" AAMP and Stinger PG amps are very strong contenders to the TI series amplifiers, They will not be sold online you acctually have to go to a brick and morter shop to get the 2010 PG amplifiers.

new ones are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Which new ones??????

New to me would be the newest Ti, S, and R lines. None of which are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Thanks for all the help guys...

So how do i wire it for 2 ohms to get 120wats per channel out of it instead of for 4 ohms with only 75 per.? Or is it if i have 4ohm components i have to wire it for 4 ohms? Whats hte advantage on 4 ohms vs 2 ohms? Can i bridge it for more power??

PS sorry, wasnt clear on the ''new'' amps... heard PG went out of business while ago and i had amps from before they did and these would be from after they did so didnt know if there product was still top notch amps like before

People tend to throw more power at things when something is off, thus making the issue worse. But some think it solved the problem when it didn't, placebo affect I guess.

The new pg amps are built quite well, and seem to resemble the pg of old. I have an oldchool pg m44 that I have been running in my car for quite some time, and I would not give it up period. Best amp ive owned to date.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.