My New Box!! *PICS*

My buddy built this for me, I love the guy I just bought the wood and other materials and he built it for me, he is there when the times are rough lol, his username on here is lifted95blaze.....I am very very happy with the box the dimensions are 20L 42W 20H its for 2 Kicker CVR 15s but I only have one now its a work in progress I had a KX600.1 powering it but I just recently sold it but it slammed pretty hard while have really good sq at the same time which suprised me. Here are a few pics and yes they **** i know i know, no digi cam:( and he ran out of mdf when it came time to do the port and dividers but not a big deal I suppose cuz no one ever sees that, But leave your input on what ya think, thanks guys!!

box1.jpg

box2.jpg

box3.jpg

box4.jpg

box5.jpg

box6.jpg

You see, I'm a firm believer in sound before aesthetics. If you like the way it sounds, then the appearance doesn't really matter. However, if you paid someone to build that for you, you would have been 50x better off having someone on here do it. If he did it for free, well then that's fine.

construction looks fine...
yes, I would have avoided using two different materials, but I'm sure that will be perfectly fine aswell...

I'm sure you couldn't do any better.
You're right, I don't know how to make a box. You've been here for less than a month, I've been here for two years. Amazing how you know the members on here.

You see, I'm a firm believer in sound before aesthetics. If you like the way it sounds, then the appearance doesn't really matter. However, if you paid someone to build that for you, you would have been 50x better off having someone on here do it. If he did it for free, well then that's fine.
See thats just is he took his time to do me a favor and Im grateful for that, im pleased with the box and thats all that matters.

See thats just is he took his time to do me a favor and Im grateful for that, im pleased with the box and thats all that matters.
Then you have the right attitude. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I didn't say you didn't know how to make a box, I said that construction wise, I doubt you could do any better...
although, hopefully, if you made a box, you'd atleast keep the port the same width along the whole length.... ahh...

box3.jpg

lol, seems to get twice as wide along the back :p
Which is why I'm sitting next to 500 dollars in subwoofers and 1.2k in cameras from building enclosures..right?

First off, the box is OK...Construction is iffy, and I would definatly not use 2 different types of wood, because as Mr. PV Audio mentioned the different dampening qualities of the wood might lead to some issues down the road. Secondly PV Audio has come along way from the Caulk Loaded (

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.