My mids are not as loud as I though......

What do you mean? There are 4 speakers being powered and 4 outputs on the amp that are connected?
Ill do that BBB complaint now!
You said you have components up front and rears, everything is being amplified right? Well components consists of tweeters and mids which makes it 4 speakers. Adding rears would be a total of 6 speakers. Each speaker has a set of wires, positive and negative. So looking at that pic, you have a positive and negative wire (= 1 speaker) going to each channel which = to 4 speakers being powered by the amp. So your amp isn't powering a set of speakers (most likely the rears)

If it is wired this way (each channel of the amp powering the speakers up front...tweets...mids) and you have a HU capable of doing an active setup, then I'd just toss those passive xovers and run an active setup with the HU.

You said you have components up front and rears, everything is being amplified right? Well components consists of tweeters and mids which makes it 4 speakers. Adding rears would be a total of 6 speakers. Each speaker has a set of wires, positive and negative. So looking at that pic, you have a positive and negative wire (= 1 speaker) going to each channel which = to 4 speakers being powered by the amp. So your amp isn't powering a set of speakers (most likely the rears)
If it is wired this way (each channel of the amp powering the speakers up front...tweets...mids) and you have a HU capable of doing an active setup, then I'd just toss those passive xovers and run an active setup with the HU.
Still a little confused, there is a crossover (little box thing) in the door with the components, only one input for amp 2 outputs one for the mid and one for the tweet...its getting an amplified signal then isnt it?

the rear volume changes when I adjust the gain on the amp as well...

you say your supposed to wire the tweets and mids separately?

i cant believe how **** i got

when you turn up your gains, check to see which speakers volumes aren't changing. If your rears volume are changing then the amp is powering your rears and another set. Maybe that could be the reason why your mids aren't as loud, they might be powered by the HU while tweets and rears are powered from the amp. Dont worry about the crossover thing for now. You have to be sure how your speakers are being powered first. Easier way is to unplug the RCA's/Speaker wires from the amp and see what speakers are still playing. Then you know what speakers are being powered by the HU

Going active means you control the xover settings via HU, passive is when you have the crossover (little box) installed (which you currently have meaning you're currently running it passively).

when you turn up your gains, check to see which speakers volumes aren't changing. If your rears volume are changing then the amp is powering your rears and another set. Maybe that could be the reason why your mids aren't as loud, they might be powered by the HU while tweets and rears are powered from the amp. Dont worry about the crossover thing for now. You have to be sure how your speakers are being powered first. Easier way is to unplug the RCA's/Speaker wires from the amp and see what speakers are still playing. Then you know what speakers are being powered by the HU
Going active means you control the xover settings via HU, passive is when you have the crossover (little box) installed (which you currently have meaning you're currently running it passively).
OK, I will look into that after work after I go and get the wire they stole from me.

Please stay posted to this thread.

Thanks again!

ask them what they charge to hook up the speakers to the amp and w/e that is ask for that to be refunded and do it yourself
I can try that, we will see what kind of attitude they give me today!

I can try that, we will see what kind of attitude they give me today!
So I went in after work in a polite manner and talked to the owner. Anyway he said again that it was done correctly and that it is totally fine to use the stock wiring. He threatened to remove me from his store after I said I filed a complaint with the BBB and the chargeback on Amex.

He would not give me back my wire....said simply get out I aint giving you nothing.

I think he knows he is out $556.40

Sux to be him!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.