My local dealer..

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmakeafistx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kenosha, WI
I just went to stop by to buy some 0 gauge wire for the big 3 on my car, and he was giving me a quote of 6 dollars a foot for street wire...

I kinda gasped and mentioned that I wasn't interested in the wire at that price, and he asked me how much I've seen it around for, I mentioned KNU and he just started going off on about how its ****** wire.

This seems a little overshot to me, Unsure if i'm incorrect or not though.

I was looking at the top of the line KNU and it was like 4 dollars a foot, whats up with this?

Is the shop overpriced or am I just not looking at anything right?

Thanks all for input. Just more of a discussion.

shops have overhead, which is why they can't usually compete with online prices.... the fact that he went off when you mentioned knu, just tellsme that he was salty about it.

its just the shop trying to make money bro. they aren't going to give you the wire for the same price they paid for it. its not like buying it on here bro. i got quoted 7 dollars a foot for 1/0 before. just order online bro. somethings are worth supporting your local shop for, some things arent. and im sorry but paying 3-4 dollars more a foot isnt worth it.

Yeah that's what I figured. I want to support local shops but god ****, I have a budget too you know? I don't see myself ever buying locally. I understand their situation and they are pursuing a hobby, but personally I don't have the cash to support it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.