my kickpods in the making

kdipp

hello everybody. im new here and i thought id say hi. im 16 from sac cali and i like car audio and stuff. anyways i just started on some kicks the other day(first time glasser) and i thought there goin pretty dang well....but i want your opinion, right now im just doing passangers side since i have limited time(school and job) and well i dunno y else. check out the pictures there not step by step or anything but they give u an idear. lets see if i can show em

showphoto.php

me preping workspace and laying down a basecoat of resin

showphoto.php

starting glassing

showphoto.php

kick with fabric on and a layer of glass(skipped a few pictures)

showphoto.php

more pictures

showphoto.php

the starting of a tedious process called sanding! i will be covering the kicks in vinyl so they have to be pretty dang smooth. i am farther than this i however havent taken pictures past this point. ill hopefully get some up tommorow with the body filler on and the speaker in or something.

tell me how it looks

thanks for your time

i hope you were wearing some gloves when you sanded that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

looking good. and just drip a good amount of resin on the inside and DONT BOTHER LAYING ANY GLASS OVER THE FLEECE!

the kicks are way strong as it is, theres no need to lay any glass over the exterior - just put a nice coating of resin all on the inside, and it will be strong enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

keep the pictures comming.

looking good. and just drip a good amount of resin on the inside and DONT BOTHER LAYING ANY GLASS OVER THE FLEECE!

the kicks are way strong as it is, theres no need to lay any glass over the exterior - just put a nice coating of resin all on the inside, and it will be strong enough //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That's completely dependent upon the thickness of the fleece and how saturated it is.

i hope you were wearing some gloves when you sanded that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
Or he's blessed like me and doesn't get itchy.... (always remember to have a cold shower after using the fibre kids).

the speakers that are goin in there are cdt ef-61cf's and no i was not wearing gloves while sanding but i paid for that one. also i have a few small leaks on the inside of the kicks really small like pinhole size should i just mix up a batch of resin and swish it around in there?

thanks for the help guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.