My hopefully new car

coledawg
10+ year member

Where the Hell am I?
Macon,GA
Im looking to get like a 5th Gen i believe prelude and i thinks its got a 2.2 L engine i was wondering if some like CAI, Exhaust, and stuff like that actually do anything to make the car come alive. I have a 98 V6 accord right now which is pretty slow, but sometimes comes alive once in awhile. I blame this on the transmission and i heard that stuff on that engine the j30...something doesnt do. PLUS ITS A SEDAN. much anyone know a link to some actual dyno or specs of a stock prelude and anyone know enhancements will make it hall ass so to speak lol and if i can fit my sub in my sig in that trunk....

the key to any honda vtec dual overhead cam engine is to keep it above ~6000 rpm for the most power. that's when the cam switches over to the aggressive lobes. under 6000k and you' re not going anywhere. don't be afraid to rev it out, that's what they were designed to do.

you'll get great mpg when you drive it easy and still have a decent amount of pickup once you get the revs up.

cold air, header, full exhaust make a small improvement in power but if you wnat tons of power, get a turbo on it. a friend of mine here has a prelude 2.2 engine in his civic with a turbo kit making over 700 whp. of course the engine has been completely gone through and built but turbo's are where it's at for power in a 4 cyl.

the key to any honda vtec dual overhead cam engine is to keep it above ~6000 rpm for the most power. that's when the cam switches over to the aggressive lobes. under 6000k and you' re not going anywhere. don't be afraid to rev it out, that's what they were designed to do. you'll get great mpg when you drive it easy and still have a decent amount of pickup once you get the revs up.

cold air, header, full exhaust make a small improvement in power but if you wnat tons of power, get a turbo on it. a friend of mine here has a prelude 2.2 engine in his civic with a turbo kit making over 700 whp. of course the engine has been completely gone through and built but turbo's are where it's at for power in a 4 cyl.
ahahah a 2.2 prelude engine can not, and will not ever be able to handle 700hp. The block itslef (assuming thats the onlt part left untouched/stock) will crack in a heartbeat. And unless he is twin turbo'd to the gills i highly doubt he has 700hp. My friend put a b18 acura engine, with 12lbs of boots and was getting around 300whp. A member of 6thgenmaxima.org has a turbo'd 3.5 liter vq35de and is only getting around 400. 700:laugh:

.......its a prelude it probably isnt much faster than your accord if at all
sorry man the only fast honda is the 1000RR
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D:D:D:D

.......its a prelude it probably isnt much faster than your accord if at all
sorry man the only fast honda is the 1000RR
s2000's are quite fast

and to the OP, its not just the manual v6 trannies that had issues...i had to replace my auto at 88k on my '01 4 banger

ahahah a 2.2 prelude engine can not, and will not ever be able to handle 700hp. The block itslef (assuming thats the onlt part left untouched/stock) will crack in a heartbeat. And unless he is twin turbo'd to the gills i highly doubt he has 700hp. My friend put a b18 acura engine, with 12lbs of boots and was getting around 300whp. A member of 6thgenmaxima.org has a turbo'd 3.5 liter vq35de and is only getting around 400. 700:laugh:
really? you don't know much about engines. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif i'm not a honda fan by any means, but i've been in the import business for a long time and i know the difference between ******** and fact.

your buddy's problem is that he had a 1.8 liter engine only running 12psi. for big power on a small engine you need lots of boost. his engine was not built, that's why he couldn't make any more power. my buddy with the 700 hp is fully built, forged everything, running 30psi.

same reason teh VQ35 is limited to 400 hp on stock internals. they're boost limited, the engine's can't take any mor pressure without stronger internals. take that VQ, build it, turn up the boost to 22-25 psi and it will make 700+ all day.

check out modified magazine from a couple months ago. It featured an Eg civic hatch with built H22 making over 600whp, local guy from here in louisville. funny thing is, the guy i was referrring to is friends with the 600 hp guy and his car walks all over the 600 hp guy, so yeah 700 hp is possible. he stripped the teeth of his 3rd gear at the dragstrip last year.

Im looking to get like a 5th Gen i believe prelude and i thinks its got a 2.2 L engine i was wondering if some like CAI, Exhaust, and stuff like that actually do anything to make the car come alive. I have a 98 V6 accord right now which is pretty slow, but sometimes comes alive once in awhile. I blame this on the transmission and i heard that stuff on that engine the j30...something doesnt do. PLUS ITS A SEDAN. much anyone know a link to some actual dyno or specs of a stock prelude and anyone know enhancements will make it hall ass so to speak lol and if i can fit my sub in my sig in that trunk....
Uh ... maybe you should actually KNOW what you're buying before you buy it ...
If you're using words such as like, think, etc. when describing the vehicle, you're buying it too soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.