My friend is an idiot

jward2090
10+ year member

PA
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif I just today started making my first ported box and everything was going well, but I had to leave for work and my friend said that he will work on it while I was at work. I got home to find the box almost completely finished, I was impressed at first.....at first. The port diameter is 1.5" whenever I inspected my box it was 1.5" for the first port and then the second port was .5" At first the port was placed in the wrong spot so he moved it, but now there' holes in the bottom of it. I SPECIFICALLY told him to make sure that the chipped end goes on the outside.....of course that's not how it worked out and he put the chipped end on the inside of the box which is part of the port so that should sound really nice also. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif:verymad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

There goes hours of work and money down the drain.

just pop the top off. mix up some sawdust and wood glue and fix'er up and then glue that puppy to hell and back. lots of clamps...done. if you sand down or carpet the outside, no signs of you ever doing so.

just pop the top off. mix up some sawdust and wood glue and fix'er up and then glue that puppy to hell and back. lots of clamps...done. if you sand down or carpet the outside, no signs of you ever doing so.
I'm a huge perfectionist and while it may not be noticable will bug me so bad it wouldn't even be funny......I'm tired of simple stuff made 20x more difficult than it should be because of someone elses mistakes.

It shouldn't take too long to make a regular ported box. An hour or two.

But, if it's your first box (first few, actually), it takes longer. After you build a few, you get into the swing of it and it just becomes second nature.

Hence why every now and then they have a meet somewhere in Texas where they just get drunk and build boxes.

I'm a huge perfectionist and while it may not be noticable will bug me so bad it wouldn't even be funny......I'm tired of simple stuff made 20x more difficult than it should be because of someone elses mistakes.
i know what you mean. when most of my stuff gets scratched, i usually sell it as soon as possible and get new. i can't stand scratches and certain imperfections for some reason

It shouldn't take too long to make a regular ported box. An hour or two.
Alright maybe I exaggerated the hours wasted part. But time is precious and I don't have too much down time. It's pretty aggravating to have to take out more time from my day to fix mistakes someone else made.

i have no idea what you're even talking about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Basically my friend screwed up my box pretty bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.