My first post, I have a question about my system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

KileyHD

KileyHD
I just bought a 1999 Chevy Silverado 1500

It came with a system in it

Whenever i back up out of my driveway, or go over a bump, my subs hit as hard as they every have, it rattles everything in my truck and scares the living crap out of me.

Why do they do this?

This is what I have

A Rockford Fosgate Punch Bass Power Knob Bass Controller

A Rockford Fosgate 800a2 Amplifier

A Pair of Punch HX2 12” Subwoofers

A Subwoofer Enclosure Box custom fitted

A Monster Cable Monster Capacitator 1.0

Monster Cables High Performance Wiring

your ground wire may be loose

or maybe your rca's are grounding out somewhere

my explorer did that and i had one 0g ground point and it was loose to the point it would slide up and down the post on accident... fixed it and voila.

Do they hit hard when you hit a bump, and not with the music? If so... your RCA is grounding out somewhere. But if they just hit hard WITH the music as you hit a bump... it's a loose ground.

my loose ground wire caused a problem even with the music on volume 0 or very very low... good luck with the problem and its most likely an easy fix... it looks like you have a cap, make sure the caps bolts are tightened as well on top.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.