D.C.
Here's my setup:

Alpine HU

Polk audio DB 6501 components 200wRMS

JL Audio W6 400wRMS

Amps:

JL Audio 300/2

JL Audio 500/1v2

I have a few questions. First of all do I need to run two power cables for both amps or can I use one and bridge it? Also, do I need a capacitor for my setup? I'm probably going to have a lot more question when I actually start the install.

Thanks.

Run a single 4awg into a fuse distrbution block. I dont think you'll need a cap depending on your charging system. I always used a good battery up front(optima). You could run a bigger cable from the post of your alt. to the battery, that would help. Make sure all your grounds are good and clean.

I'm going to use the distribution block to power both amps. My other question is about rca cables. Do I need a 4 channel or dual rca's and how many? Same goes with speaker wire. I only have two components. Also, do I need battery terminals?

Thanks

Depending on what rcas your alpine hu has, you will run 1 pair (front left and front right) to your 300/2 amp and if the hu has rear/subwoofer rcas, run another pair from the those to the 500/1. If the hu doesn't support more than 1 set of rcas, run them to the 300/2 and then use the 300/2 output rcas to run a pair to the 500/1. You can daisy chain the amp turn on wire also.

Run 2 speaker wires from 300/2 front left (1+ and 1-) to your left sides component xover input and 2 wires for the front right to right xover input. Run wire from xover out woofer to the woofer and same for the tweeter.

Run 2 speaker wires from 500/1 to sub.

Be sure to put appropriate sized fuse on your power wire within 18 inches of the battery. Also run rcas on opposite side of car than your power wire to help eliminate electrical noise. Use amp ground wires that are same size as power wire.

I didn't see anything indicating that you are running rear speakers, so i assume we don't need to address that.

Thanks DukeNut! I'm not running rear speakers as this system is going in a two seater convertible.

I got all the equipment used so I didn't pay markup for anything. I'm just looking for SQ and a little bass and I think I achieved that with this setup.

Thanks DukeNut! I'm not running rear speakers as this system is going in a two seater convertible.
I got all the equipment used so I didn't pay markup for anything. I'm just looking for SQ and a little bass and I think I achieved that with this setup.
If you install it right, you will be quite happy. Are you running the comps active?

Nvm, saw 300/2. What model Alpine did you get?

NP. Likewise as LaserRed said, for your first system I think you will be happy with this setup. I installed the db6501s in my teenage daughter's celica and she loves them. Wait til the weather warms and I hook them up to the zapco 350 i have laying around:santa:

and? who cares what he paid or what others pay for it. They make quality products, excluding their speaker lines below the ZR line...!
Fixed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.