my first box

anaranchi
10+ year member

your mom's hot
tulsa,ok
ok guys i am going to build my first box a Sealed box 1.5cu . it for the 1 ED O's 12.44

http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep/obox.htm

what i need to know is what is better MDF or HDF and why.

how do u guys hold your boxes together (screws or a real strong glue or brackets)

and if some one could give me a list of stuff i should get before i start this weekend that would be great

please recommend an amp for the driver for the best performance without blowing it (500w rms---1000wpeak)

thanks

Use MDF...best reason I can give you is most people use it for boxes and it works really well obviously. I use wood glue and then I use course dry wall screws to hold it in. One screw every 3 inches. Now for tools I really recommend you go to sears and buy this thing called the all in one cutting tool. It is like a roto zip and it is a lifesaver for baffle cutting. Also get some of the bits for it made by roto zip that come in the blue bag. If you don't buy one of these the baffle can be cut with a jigsaw, compass, and a good blade. Gonna need a drill and a countersink bit. If your not having the place cut your wood you will need a circular saw and a square unless you have a table saw and all those fun tools. You will need some silicone caulking to seal the edges of the box. Some box carpet, 7M spray glue and a terminal cup is also a good idea for a good clean looking box.

Honestly I would get a 12 or 15 A over either of those. What are your goals for the sub?

the 8A might have a small cone area, but it doesn't mean it won't get low and loud. I presume you are thinking of the 8A for price/size ratio, seeing that you didn't mention twin K's instead.

Both the O and A can be good daily drivers, the O's inability to perform its worth in a ported does make it seem to have a bit of a disadvantage, but it WILL still get loud.

If you've got space for like twin 10"s, then go for dual 10K's and port it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.