My first box (in progress) Pics

I'm very interested in how this box comes out as im watch so i can see how my box should look when finished. i have about a month before i get started on mine

Looks nice man, keep it up. I saw you in my thread firgured I would give props on your box. How do you plan on finishing it? Just painting it, or carpet, what?
PS. Check your PM's
Well Im "planning" on building anothyer piece to the left false front, with a cubby in the back to house the wires then I plan on carpeting everything. Laying in the speaker and Amp, then I am gonna attempt a shroud made of fiberglass over the top, and front.

Fiberglassing will be delayed though because Im going on vacation from the 1st to the 14th so I wont start that till i come back. But carpet should be on tomorrow.

Sorry but port problem...
How large is the opening of the port in the box. It needs to be at least 1 and 1/2 the width of the port man.

hi. so is this a normal thing to do? at the very end of the port near the wall, it should 1 and 1/2 the width of the port?

well mine is the port width, hopefully im ok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

some more pics. Fiberglassing part will have to wait till get come home from my roadtrip.

DSCF0333.sized.jpg

DSCF0334.sized.jpg

DSCF0335.sized.jpg

DSCF0336.sized.jpg

DSCF0337.sized.jpg

I did mess up on cutting the speaker hole. I needed to be 1" more to the left. The grill is right on the edge of the porthole. but I was suprised how good my carpet came out since this was my first box.

its only a 15' so it will be trash soon. Im just too lazy to put it outside. I have a couple brand new 17" monitors sitting in my closet. and 4 19" monitors hooked up to my puters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well the PC is my 7yo daughters //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif dont like her touching my PC //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

The carpet I did it right off the roll (had a 6 yard roll) started at the bottom 3/4 of the way down and layed the super77 let it tack and carefully spread it out like laying fatmat. I did the sides last and I found with the carpet by laying over the under carpet and cutting both layers with a razor at the same time and removing the bottom layer the top blends in perfect with the other side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Never tried vinyl so im not sure how they do the sides and the meet at the bottom.

not too impressed with the bass. I dont know if its the box, sub, amp, or a combination but it gets about as loud as my 2 12" kicker 03C124 did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.