My Apologies... PG Amps...Visonik 4000ds...

joelb
10+ year member

I guess I have made some enemies and I will clarify myself. I got back into car audio about two years ago... Budget was tight.. Got a custom box off Ebay from TCAB.. http://www.thecaraudiobox.com/ Bought a PG Xenon600.1 ran it at 1ohm mono... The sub slammed. Amp ran very nicely.. Then I bought a BXD606 Hifonics Brutus.. Sub sounded much better... Price difference... Hifonics was actually cheaper.. Both class d amps...

So if I used the word garbage instead of less deisrable, which I changed, sorry... When I meant local install shops, its not like I buy from them, but PG and many others do not even have dealers to find and talk to.... Back in the day, PG was a pioneer.. Cyclones... anyone remember those bad boys... Ran it of a PPI PC2350... WOW !

PG has offloaded some of their amps to Japan and will contiunue to do so. That is why costs are so cheap for them and why they are all over the internet. They were sold to an investment group back in 2006... Who knows when this new design will come into play. I don't think the RsD line is a result of the acquisition, since that design was sold in late 2006. Parts are cheaper today and that is why these places like indoaudio.com and icelectronix.com are in business. They usually buy up last years models or refurbs...

Yes SquareTrade will cover you and yes I would not pay top dollar for the manufacturer's warranty, since they are scared about losing their income revenue and post "do not buy in the internet..."

There are so many amps to choose from.

But before you go buying a new battery, or upgrading your alternator etc.. start with the basics.. get better wire, better fuses (ANL) better RCA's... I ran both Boston GT-22 and GT-24 off a stock battery and alternator with a single 4 gauge wire and upgraded to a 150watt ANL fuse never had a blink in the lights and hit 142db all day long.... Boston told me to use a single 0 gauge and then split to 2 4 gauge at the amps... You will find out that all the support from these companies are new people who dont know much.

All done... Hope you dont hold a bad view of me and I am sorry to those who might have thought all PG amps were garbage. They are good quality.. It all depends on the level of your system and what type of music and sound you are looking for. Anyone can hit 145db nowadays with 2 - 10s or a single 12... It's all about your preference and music taste..

joelb

fine with me..like I said in the post I was a bit agitated last night...

So no harm done, didnt mean to come off as angry with you....I just dont like when people make blanket statements like that abut anything....

peace

Mike

wow i have much more respect for ya, i understand your postion of being out

of it for a couple of years.

for me its been 4 years and now it has opened me up for differnt brands and

that is good, there are alot of other brands that seem to me before like not worth

looking at that actuaally are pretty solid.

aloha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.