My amplifier goes into safe mode, need to remove fuse.

Participant count
  • Participant list

zalle

Hi guys,

I own a Mazda 6 SW, which had an original Bose system (total crap). I replaced front speakers with some Alpines and back ones with Focal. Last week my Bose amp stopped working, so I installed a 6ch Sony amp I had laying around. this one:

https://docs.sony.com/release/XMC2000.PDF

I found an image of the Bose wiring diagram, so I did it myself. Here it is:

http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/11/31/10/41/jogz10.png

So I started plugging everything up and now I can actually hear and feel the original subwoofer. Not THAT bad.

All went well, and I did not connect the following:

Center speaker (not sure where to plug it in, and I think it will probably sound worse plugged in).

Microphone (don't know where to plug it in), this should be for bluetooth/mobile phone... right?

GPIO A, GPIO B, GPIO D (don't know what this is)

speed IN (don't know what it is)

Everything else is connected the right way (I guess), and all is working fine, but there is one problem.

I park the car and turn the alarm (not original) on with the lock key. I then come back to the car, turn the alarm off, get into the car, turn ignition on and the safe mode red lamp of the amp turns on... There is no sound.

I have to take the fuse out and put it in again, and then it works... Until I park the car again.

Any ideas on how to solve this safe mode thing? Any help with the wires I did not connect is also welcome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks guys

If you're relying on factory wiring for everything troubleshooting will be difficult. Perhaps it's a fault with the amp even if it doesn't protect any other time. Simplest fix would be to put a toggle switch on the rem+ to the amp though that leaves either some gremlin in the factory wiring that's causing it to protect or a faulty amp that may have other things wrong with it.

By the way, I noticed that when I turn on the ignition there is a hum/buzz, which I believe is coming from the speakers. Thus goes away when I take the fuse off. It does not come back when I put the fuse back in, and the amp works fine.

Would it be a good idea to eliminate the remote +, connect 12v power to both the amp's power AND remote+, with a toggle switch? It could have something to do with the rem+ itself...

Ok, I got around the issue with a different approach. I connected the rem+ to the lighter (which only turns on with ignition). This way it's working.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.