My amp skips

turtlechan

ca
I am using regular wires to wire up my amp, those very thin ones, since I don;t have the budget to buy the 4 gage wire... is that the reason my amp skips... but the low voltage indicator didn't light up... I really need some help!!!

what do you mean "skips"? CD's and LP's skip, amps don't! do you mean the bass keeps fading in and out?

I would say your amp isn't recieving a good signal either from a bad connection, too small of power wire, or both...If you are running very small power wire you might want to fix that, it will sound a lot better and probably aleviate your problem

Keep it Loud!

JELLYDIME

It could also be a pre amp problem....either a bad connection coming out of the head unit or a bad solder joint on the amps rca input....that would also cause the signal to go in and out as it got hotter.

if you have it bridged and are running your amp for a long time it will start to get hot and fade in and out. place your wires next to each other in the terminals right next to each other not space everyother terminal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.