Engine Noise On Amp, Please Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

rucanunes

Hello,

I'm from Portugal, so sorry about any spelling mistakes or bad English...

I was running a Kenwood receiver and 4 Alpine speakers om my car,

everything was fine until I decided to install an Alpine Amp and a Subwoofer.

Now, (and I'm sure it comes from the amp, because before that I had no noise),

I have a noise that sounds like a miniature siren that rises in pitch with the speed

of the engine. It's not to loud, but it sure anoyes me!

What should it be the problem? Poor ground? Running a 12V power wire near

the rca's? What?

And what can I do to shut down this noise?

Thank you,

Raul Nunes

you need to turn the filter in the "on" position, on your amp that turns off the voice going to your sub's voice coils, now i'm not sure what kind of switches you have on your amp, but there should be some kind of switch that will that off, i have a kennwood and it's called a "low pass filter", when i have that "off" i get that buzz also, so check it out on your amp and that should solve your problem, hope i was some help.....peace

If that doesn't work....the ground is the next thing to check....I have everything grounded in one central location in the trunk...including the deck....before that I had engine noise....now...its all good..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

the power wire cannot be near the rca's!!! the rca's and the power wire should be run down opposite sides of the car. the rca's are very sensitive and can pick up noise created by the power wire or even the fuse box under the dash. try all the suggestions listed and let us know if you still have any problems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.