my 50 dollar vintage setup

Participant count
  • Participant list
Paid 10 bucks for the Pioneer SX-780 , Got the Kenwood KD-2070 Turntable for free a few years ago.

0349cc2d.jpg
6e307b47.jpg

I am waiting on the mail for one of these and this sucker will be fully functional again

Paid 10 bucks for a replacement darlington power pack

b16aabf5.jpg

And tomorrow i am paying 30 bucks for a pair off pioneer CS-88a Speakers (pictured in a lower post)

Gonna be a nice little setup on the CHEEEEEP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hell yeah. i only have one working channel right now till the part shows up but that one channel sounds AMAZING!! Cant wait to hear those SUPER efficient pioneer CS's on it. I know i'm gonna fall in love.

I have the service manual. Just got done aligning the tuner and i am picking up more stations with a small piece of wire for an antenna than my sony pick up with a amplified terk antenna. LOL.

nice i use to have a Realistic receiver that looked something like that back in the day
lots of the 70's realistic equipment was great. One thing i like about the pioneers is the phono preamp is seriously one of the cleanest integrated preamps around. Minus some seriously expensive equipment that i could never afford. LOL

well after some closer inspection and digging i think these may very well be the speakers i'm getting. I only seen them with the grills on in the craigslist ad , but i noticed the front lip is tapered in the pic i showed above and the craigslist speakers don't have a tapered lip. But i counted the diamonds in the grill and found these. the grills are identical to the ones in the craigslist ad and they dont have a tapered lip on the front of the cabinet. WOOT!!

pict0009medium.jpg

i hear they sound terrible. but that is the opinion of the SQ snobs over on audiokarma(dot)org. I seriously can't pass up a pair of speakers that are same brand and same era as my reciever for 30 bucks. LOL

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Now to find a matching TT and i'll have a nicely matched set. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Also to back up my theroy that those are prolly the correct speakers........ they are 26 inches tall according to the manual and in the craigslist ad they are against a cinder block wall. The average width of a cinder block is 8 inches and these sit just a inch or so higher than the 3rd block. LOL. Which means they are about 26" tall. I am a ******* super sleuth!

i hear they sound terrible. but that is the opinion of the SQ snobs over on audiokarma(dot)org. I seriously can't pass up a pair of speakers that are same brand and same era as my reciever for 30 bucks. LOL 

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

Now to find a matching TT and i'll have a nicely matched set. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Well, they definitely aren't the best sounding speakers out there lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.