my 1990's Phoenix Gold system (someone suggested I make it a thread)

Participant count
  • Participant list
What kind of speaker is that located in the pull down between the seats? Or is it a grill for the sub? Cool idea for the placement.
2008 12" Resonant Engineering SE

i have a 12" RE HC too. my avatar pic is the HC

Screenshot (891).png

Last edited:
Clean ....but i always rear fire my sub so it can load ...seems to get lower and deeper bass ....your box may be ported and ports loading off the side fender walls ..im not sure
i use to rear fire it, didnt make much difference. i like the sub wont get damaged, front firing, if i put stuff in the trunk

the box is sealed, not vented

Last edited:
That old school Phoenix Gold system is awesome. Thanks for posting it.

I decided to put a system together last year using a mix of old school and newer equipment. I installed it in a 2005 ext cab Duramax. I am very pleased with the sound quality.
The system is as follows.

Pioneer NEX 2660

1 Phoenix Gold MQ-430 running 2 pairs of Hertz Centro 6.5 component speakers.

1 Phoenix Gold MS-275 running a pair of JL Audio 10W3V3s in a 32 hz aero port box.
1705441584841.jpeg

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...