Music skips/cuts after installation

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
A friend of mine needed a system installed in his 2011 Camry, so I decided to help him.

2 15 Memphis PR in a prefab ported enclosure

Memphis 4g install kit

Memphis sr750.1

Pioneer Double Din Not sure on the model number, will get later.

Metra wiring harness

Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter

Stock speakers, powered by Pioneer headunit.

After wiring everything, running all the wires, and putting everything back together, the stereo turns on and plays music appropriately. The amp turns on, and the subwoofers function as they should.

Shortly after, we noticed the sound would cut or skip intermittently like every 10-15 seconds, it would be a very brief skip or pause so to speak. It does this on all sources, radio, Bluetooth, AUX. All connections check out, and I'm absolutely positive everything was wired properly in terms of harnesses and the ASWC 1 adapter.

I was told by a friend that steering wheel controls are junk, and usually fail within 30months or less, and do stupid things like send random inputs to your stereo.

Any ideas?

if it's bt could be interference from amp if does it on cd or radio to or only when at high volume could be gain to high clipping but sounds like wire touching metal or each other.. could be wires reversed on speakers (behind hu) or in sub box

No it does it on all sources. It does it at all volume levels, and I thought about maybe a wire shorting out somewhere but everything was capped off, I'll take the dash out and see. I'm absolutely positive I didn't wire anything wrong, but I will triple check tomorrow.

My friend was really insistent on it being from the steering wheel control adapter.

We removed the dash, and saw that the AC controls weren't plugged in all the way, so we plugged them in properly. The skipping has seemed to stop. Will update if anything changes.

i was ihaving a simuliar issue mine turned out to be after days of troubleshooting... the back of the speaker was touching the metal on my car which was creating a short so i put a peice of rubber between the speakers mounting fram e and the car and ever since then i had no issues so make sure there is no metal from the speaker touching any metal on your car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.