Music new rap /older rap

grandpa1

mke
I just got a sundown e10 sub in a ported box tuned to about 32 hz. 500 watts rms. it sounds real good when i put songs like young jeezy air force / rap from 2003-2008. but the newer rap dosent not sound as loud. what are you guys tunning your boxes to make newer rap sound good

Does it sound like its not as loud or does it sound like its not hitting some of the bass / drum notes at all? It could be that your box is tuned a little low for your setup (every setup is different by the way, ) or it could be that you have a setting slightly off on either the amp or head unit.

it sounds like its not hitting as loud.

would adjusting the low pass filter help. i havent moved it from original position of 40hz, subsoinc at 20hz

Loud is subjective... 150db at 32hz feels loud as h*ll... whereas a 150 at 50hz may be the same number but the lower frequency sounds a LOT louder in my experience... a single 10" E may not be enough sub for what your lookin for... idk "nipsey hustle" but if its playing in the mid 20's that 32hz tune may be unloading the port and losing a ton of output... ported enclosures lose a bunch of output 6hz under tuning as a rule.

the single 10 is enough. as i mentioned before while i play young jezzy air forces it sounds great. i can feel and hear the bass. and with newer rap i dont feel it or hear it as loud.

Try raising the lp... 40Hz is pretty low... and for a single 10 its low... my ex's car has a single 10 and its crossed over at 55-60hz... and it's setup for SQ

the single 10 is enough. as i mentioned before while i play young jezzy air forces it sounds great. i can feel and hear the bass. and with newer rap i dont feel it or hear it as loud.
dude set lp at 80hz ss at 25 it'll sound better i promise lol.. theres alot of bass 45-55hz

A notes a note. Doesn’t matter what year it’s from. A 15 year old 35hz wave believe or not is still a 35hz wave after all these years. I had to comment, Been around a while reading and this is a first. Op I personally do not think playing with your amp is going to help. What’s happening most likely is your going from stuff playing upper 20s and low to mid 30s to bass that’s in its 30s and 40s with a lot of newer stuff. Download some decaf and let us know if it sounds good. Or you could always just play a test track off YouTube for a quick test and that will tell you exactly what you can and can’t play cleanly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.