Music for SQ setups

reneeb7363
10+ year member

She-Nay-Nay
Venus
This thread was inspired by this one: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198468

When judging, what tracks, cd's etc do you use for the items you are listening for? I searched the forum for this and I find TONS of bass tracks (not what I am looking for unfortunately //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif...the three I did find...about "Guilty Pleasure" bands...etc. ....dont specifiy a/the track you use and why. And I will NOT bring up old threads from 7/2005 or 1/2006 (I have the links or them if you want--just search for "Guilty Pleasure")

What I am looking for is Specific tracks you like to use when you demo the sound Quality of your/a vehicle...(read: Ambience, Imaging/Staging, Full Tonal quality.... like one of my favorites for ambience... the artist is Mannheim Steamroller (Chip Davis) on the Fresh Aire 4 Album-- Title: Dancing Flames... it is new/age. Take a listen sometime.

What else ya got.... like to use for SQ setup and imaging?

Ok the best song I have ever heard on my SLC would be crush by DMB. A good song to test out your midbass response is Better when were together by Jack Johnson. The best of whats around by DMB is also a good song for overall SQ.

will definately buy the cd legally from a store after I hear a sample/the song... No, I dont use MP3 or burnt discs for demos... give me at least that much credit...lol.

will definately buy the cd legally from a store after I hear a sample/the song... No, I dont use MP3 or burnt discs for demos... give me at least that much credit...lol.
HAHa just makin sure. You should love Dave Matthews Band....I'm surprised you are not familiar with these songs already. Pretty much all of his cd's are good.

O yes and for sure OAR. Pretty much anything that has a good vocal singer and a good mixture of highs and lows......numerous jam bands are great for checking out your sound quality.

oh if want "SQ Disks" go to ECA and get AudioNutz's sq compliation. he made a bunch of cd's made up for "SQ songs." i have a few cd's and it definately has everything necessary to help setup an system. lot of the music isn't for younger folks though (including myself) but its great using those cd's to tune.

oh if want "SQ Disks" go to ECA and get AudioNutz's sq compliation. he made a bunch of cd's made up for "SQ songs." i have a few cd's and it definately has everything necessary to help setup an system. lot of the music isn't for younger folks though (including myself) but its great using those cd's to tune.
sorry...unfamiliar with whom/what that is

(uh oh! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif noobishness is showin again!)

NO MORE HOTEL CALIFORNIA..i got too much of it in a few years from competition. he he. John Williams (I think) the guy who did Star Wars music. That is some good stuff to listen to and also Money for Nothing by Dire Straits is good. Anything with a lot of instruments. Acapella singing can be very good too.

someone could ISO the original cd-roms so we could burn em to a CD-R thus not losing any quality (or am i mistaken at this point?)

or, we could have that so called flawless-compression FLAC...

dot foldered

Choose Me- David Banner ft. Sky

Has everything needed to test SQ, even though it's a rap song.

It's like one of those songs you play over and over because it sounds so good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.