Multiple wires to battery terminal

Participant count
  • Participants list

Dlaube

CarAudio.com Newbie
I will be running both 12 and 8 gauge wires to my battery terminal for a relatively low wattage setup.
I couldnt find any appropriate distribution blocks for such small gauges, which may include another 12 in the future for a light bar.

Question is: would it be a bad idea to use a few washers as spacers on my battery's carriage bolt to keep it somewhat tidy. That way the wires could run parallel without being either offset or mashed together.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

To add the tv, I got a second deep cycle battery, ran thick cable from my starter battery to the deep cycle battery(or you can run to a dc to dc...
The amps are not fused themselves. I am considering using smaller gauge wire for the 200 and 300 watt amps (I believe they only recommend 12 awg...
Ok ill just do the two ohm for now .i have really good electrical .ill prolly just go ahead and buy a bass 8 or 12 k for now until i can get a...
I have a 2012 Ford F150 Platinum Crew Cab. I was saying that since my secondary battery would be grounded to the frame could I not ground my amps...

About this thread

Dlaube

CarAudio.com Newbie
Dlaube
New York
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from