Multiple subs vs single large sub

Yes I ran a pair of 15 Q's sealed in that car and I was more impressed with that than the BTL. I will just play more with the enclosure for the BTL before I decide its not enough for me. The BTL only has 50 sq inches of port right now

Single 12" in proper enclosure with proper power and electrical that does 144.7db here.
and? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Ok well the box is at 35hz. I will probably try a new box tuned at 30hz and see how I like it. Thanks for the advice guys I knew I would be flamed for this thread haha.

Ok well the box is at 35hz. I will probably try a new box tuned at 30hz and see how I like it. Thanks for the advice guys I knew I would be flamed for this thread haha.
I'm not flaming you. BTW, people love to dismiss sealed enclosures. But, if you have 4 12's in an enclosure tuned for .707 qtc, on decent power, its going to be loud AND sound very, very good. The best-SOUNDING, fairly loud, setup I've ever heard was four Phoenix Gold 12's in a nice, well-planned, up-firing sealed enclosure in a jeep grand cherokee.

Not that I'd recommend that for an Impala, lol. Two twelves, ported, is the way to go.

Yea I love loud but also want it to move some air and sound good so you can see why I was thinking cone area and sealed. But I will have to play around with the BTL before I let it go for 2 12's. Gotta get some rest though. I will get started on a new box soon and take it from there. Thanks everyone.

enclosure tuning is the biggest factor for how low it will hit

that said I would just stick with the btl and build a little bit bigger ported box for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.