Multiple Sub ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MBrock4u
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Gandering around the forum for while now and I am really wondering what the pourpose for having 3 or 4 subs are. I am not refering to the people on here who are in spl compatitions, just the average joe who loves car audio. I run one 12' type R and this puppy gets loud. Properly powered and tuned one 12' can be quite stunning. It would seem to me that a person with lets say four 12's would have to have some incredible mids and highs to remotely keep up. If you have the gains set way down to keep the subs at bay, why run four when 2 could serve the same pourpose. I am just curious on what the more experienced bass heads think.

Thats the thing, most people run it because they want to be better then the average person. There are too many cases where people would be running 2 12"s in a huge ported box tuned to w/e, but are still running the stock speakers. That or they just have a very poorly made box and just keep adding more subs cuse it's not "loud" enough. Some people do it for the Wow factor and to annoy other's in traffic, which is pretty lame

most people dont even need two subs i have one and it gets twice as loud as my friends two diamond d3,s if you have the right box and tuned right one will scream just as loud as two or three

To be different then everyone. Running 4 8" woffers would be a pretty cool thing to do. I've always wanted to run the 8" Rl-i's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.