mtx thunder 9500?

There's better for the money. The brahma comes to mind.
OUCH!! I admit, Ive never heard the Brahmas but in my experience the MTX9500's are painfully loud and still have excellent SQ. Im willin to wager that technically speaking the MTX9500 is a superior sub. Brahma just sounds too... swap-meet kinda like Performance Tecknique, i could be very wrong though. I heard 1500 watts RMS from a Hi Fonics Brutus Amp pushin 2 10's. Nearly took my head off, in the homie's car! Sledgehammer loaded subs are burl, they have be, at the very least, the bombest Pre-Loaded subs in existence. The 9500's are in my opinion (limited experiences) competitive w/ JL W7's, RF power stage 2's. Kicker L7's for sure. and a few handfull of others. The subs have a break in period of like 20 hrs. or somthin. They are real real hard! Im sure they arent the best out there or many might prefer the W7 to the Thunder9500. But **** 2 10's!!!!! so hard!!! so very hard!!!

no duh the brahma is a good sub, as is the w7 (tehehe)! I heard the 7500 and 9500 on the same day and WOW these things slam! If I didnt get such a good deal for two L7s I definitely would have gone with a single 9500! The SPL is FANTASTIC and so is the sq. To be honest, the 7500 series is probably worth the money and better value more so then the 9500, but if money is not an issue, I'd take the 9500 over anything right now. The sub is HUGE, massive, beautiful.

I do believe we have witnessed the most ignorant comment of all time. Spuninsocal clearly doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. How he could compare a Performance Tecknique to a Brahma is beyond human comprehension. A Brahma will be the **** out of a MTX 9500 all day long given the right enclosure. Even with a 9500 in a Sledgehammer enclosure, it couldn't begin to sound as good as a Brahma. Also the Brahma will most likely kill a 9500 in SPL. Brahmas are already proven to be a superior woofer. Just do a search on this forum and you will find your answer. To quote bluevilevo8, "There's better for the money".

A Brahma will be the **** out of a MTX 9500 all day long given the right enclosure. Even with a 9500 in a Sledgehammer enclosure, it couldn't begin to sound as good as a Brahma. Also the Brahma will most likely kill a 9500 in SPL. Brahmas are already proven to be a superior woofer. Just do a search on this forum and you will find your answer. .
*sigh* I guarentee each and every one of you he has never heard a 9500 before. It's easy for somebody to jump on the bandwagon of a great sub, like a brahma, but don't bash the 9500 until you have heard it, please. Ignorance is shown. I have heard both, both of which were in great boxes and the 9500 was great, as was the Brahma. You need to go and listen to both of them yourself, and the XXX while you're at it.

I have a brahma and myfriend has a 9500 the kid he bought the MTX from had it in a ported encoulsure tuned to MTX's specs and it bumped like hell rattled the **** out of everything and kicked his car's ass My brahma in 4 cubes tuned to 30 gets almost as loud but sounds way better doing it The MTX is a street pounding sub the Adire is a SQ woofer that can push mad air Yeah you dont know ish about Adire so dont talk

Even if the 9500 isn't all that it still looks good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

370 bucks for a 15" isn't too bad as far as money goes.

*sigh* I guarentee each and every one of you he has never heard a 9500 before. It's easy for somebody to jump on the bandwagon of a great sub, like a brahma, but don't bash the 9500 until you have heard it, please. Ignorance is shown.
*sigh* the Brahma has been shown to produce output and clarity levels that rival the W7, hmm.....bandwagon or quality sub? The brahma and XXX, given proper enclosure and power, will hang with and possibly beat the 9500 in all aspects of sound reproduction. It is all in the install, as with anything, but given proper installs I would bet on the brahma here. Also, nobody bashed the 9500, they jsut stated that it was an inferior driver to the brahma, which is nothing to be ashamed about.

I do believe we have witnessed the most ignorant comment of all time. Spuninsocal clearly doesn't have a clue as to what he is talking about. How he could compare a Performance Tecknique to a Brahma is beyond human comprehension. A Brahma will be the **** out of a MTX 9500 all day long given the right enclosure. Even with a 9500 in a Sledgehammer enclosure, it couldn't begin to sound as good as a Brahma. Also the Brahma will most likely kill a 9500 in SPL. Brahmas are already proven to be a superior woofer. Just do a search on this forum and you will find your answer. To quote bluevilevo8, "There's better for the money".

then this must be the second most ignorant comment of all time...

while i'll agree the brahma is far and away better then a Performance Tecknique, i wouldn't go as far as saying "it'll beat the **** outa a 9500all day long given the right enclosure" when a person could just as easily say the exact same thing going the other direction.

the 9500 is indeed a great sub by all means. they get silly loud and sound good while doing it. i've heard several 9500 set-ups, from in showroom to in car. ranging from sledgehammer boxes to sealed custom things. power ranging from 600 wrms to 1500 wrms..all got sick loud and sounded good doing it..real good.

i've also built enclosures for the 7500 series..a single 12 box for a mustang off a rf 600.2s and a dual 12 enclosure for a explorer off a mtx 801d. both boxes built to mtx specs and both just bieng amazingly loud and clear.

i've yet to hear a brahma, but based upon reading different ppl's opinions..i'd say these two subs are equally matched....and yeah, the one in the better box would win. but i don't believe either one is just a flatout clear cut winner...unless ur a bandwagon rider.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

This goes out to mjbailey21. Unlike other pecker heads that sometimes talk stupid **** about a woofer they have never heard, I don't do that. I have heard the 9500, in fact I heard two 9500's in a sledgehammer box that were in a ford Bronco. Not only was the SPL meager at best (failed to break into the 150's), it just didn't sound worth a crap either. Each 9500 had an MTX 1501D on it. I am sorry that you didn't like my answer mjbailey21, but next time you talk make sure you actually know what you are talking about. The Brahma and XXX are BOTH superior woofers to the 9500.

Was doing some research on the sledge hammer boxes. it seems you can't get these unloaded and loaded you're gonna pay a hell of a lot of money. bah!

failed to break into the 150's? Does that mean it was hitting high 140's? low 140's? Cause high 140's is pretty hella loud and no where near meager //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.