mtx and alpine

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 770
U

Unregistered

im deciding between 2 12 alpine type r's and 2 15 mtx8000's....i listen to rap so im leaning towards the spl side...but also...my trunk rattles horribly...i ordered a dynamat trunk kit but im not sure its going to solve the problem completely....anyway...the subs will be powered by a mtx8100D.....suggestions?

I have type R's i love them and recommend them over 8000's but it isnt fair to say 2 12's againist the 15's so the 15's are more spl but not as sharp and tight.

My vote also goes with the Type R's. MTX has not been to impressing to me with thier current line up. If only they could find thier way back to the days of Blue Thunder- then it may be a different story.

take it easy,

-zane

I'd vote for the Type R's as well. I ordered that Dynamat trunk kit as well, and although it did help, it by no means stopped the rattles. Not even close. I have two more layers of Brown Bread on the trunk lid and rear wall, and it still rattles noticably when I turn it up.

I have experienced both these subs, and I'll tell you right now that the 2 Type R's I had were awsome. Now, MTX not only look good(to me), and sure they can handle lots of power and punishment, but I would choose Type R's over them any day. Fantastic response and they seem to give that extra little pound when you give it to them at high volume.

well as for the rattles w/ the dynomat in the trunk the problems you are probably going to have is the latch on the trunk will have a little give so that the pressure can move it slightly....one of the best ways to stop this is to tighten the trunk latch down if possible or try getting new rubber or foam surrounds on your trunk....and another option ive been thinking about....in theory if it were possible to put a rubber boot around the spot where the truck latches down...in theory that would do the most good...but eventually you'd have to replace it caus eit would wear down....thats my theory anyways....you might try it and let me know if it works or not....good luck

Yes, tighten the trunk latch. I did this (I really have to push on it or slam it to close now) and it helped; although, it didn't come close to eliminating all the rattles.

The 8100d is a kick ass amp, my first choice would be the MTX 6000's 3 pack, (3 6000's @ 12 ohm each in a sealed box) it's rms is 750, but it will handle 1700w rms -i know from experience. It costs between $250 and $400. The dem's are 36 width, 14 Height, and like 14 deep at bottom. If you want bigger id still go with the mtx 15" 8000's, I'v heard of that combo a few times, so I know it works well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.