MRD-M605 error

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bluecamry
10+ year member

So a few nights ago, my Alpine MRD-M605 amp started blinking "CUR" for excessive current. After looking online and testing in my garage until 2am, I thought I had it fixed. It plays (somewhat) at VERY low volumes. I checked the sub, it all looks good, I rewired the wires going to the box, rerouted them to avoid pinching, and all that I havent considered is fuse (dont have the tools... but im going to see, since I cant tell if its blown or not) and the ground. im about to head out now and check the ground, and then run to car audio express and see what they think, then perhaps best buy and some other places, to get some opinions. I want this fixed, and dont know what the matter is!

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As I am not very familiar with that specific Alpine amp does it only throw the error code "CUR" for over-current or does it apply to under-current situations as well? Ergo - is it possible you're starving the amp for juice?

Just an idea off of the top of my head...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.