MPG: Speed vs. Time

its all going to depend on the specific vehicle's tuning data and its gear ratios

although, this entire theory doesn deplete the consideration of drag coefficient, it would have to be considered an idealistic theoretical calculation

I was beginning to think no one would ever consider gearing and powerband. Wow it took a while.

Wow, lots of idiots here. First of all, wind resistance squares as speed doubles, iirc. More gas. Acceleration enrichment if your speeding up quicker. More gas. All kinds of other factors, I garuntee you use more gas going faster though. Go research the german autobahn.

Wow, lots of idiots here. First of all, wind resistance squares as speed doubles, iirc. More gas. Acceleration enrichment if your speeding up quicker. More gas. All kinds of other factors, I garuntee you use more gas going faster though. Go research the german autobahn.
Are you saying you'd burn more gas going 2 miles an hour than at 0 mph? Based on your theory that's how it seems.

My whole premise for this post was based on the main fact that sitting idle in the car you get 0 mpg. However, if you go 2 mph you drastically improve mpg. I guess what I'm wondering is when this ratio tapers off and at what point higher speed is better than the lower speed. I know there also is a point where a higher speed is worse, but I wonder what types of speed it would take. Are we talking 20's & 30's or 50's & 60's (mph)?

actually, u use more gas at lower rpms cause the engin lags and u give it more gas to go, as to where im cruzing at 4gran in 5th gear going 90, im hardly on the gas pedal at all.. i also notice when im driving fast on long trips i use less gas than if i were to drive the speed limit

I already said it earlier in this thread and like 2 years ago, n00b ...

Sorry, your posts are ignored due to your inability to ever post something wrong/fictional/false/stupid/ignorant. It's no fun to have the thread shut down in the first page //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And honestly, I just forgot what you had wrote after I read all the other replies:p:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bikinpunk

10+ year member
G-g-g-g-g-unity!
bikinpunk
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date