MP3 CD vs. Regular Burned CD

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif Has nothing to do with it. I do have decent Mp3s which I ripped myself straight from CD to 320kbps.
I am not trying to argue, but unless you are using EAC and Lame, then you not making good MP3s, regardless of bit rate. If you read thru the forums over at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org you will find that you CAN create MP3s that 99.9% of humans cannot tell the difference between that and the original CD.

Perhaps you have “Golden ears”

I am not trying to argue, but unless you are using EAC and Lame, then you not making good MP3s, regardless of bit rate. If you read thru the forums over at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org you will find that you CAN create MP3s that 99.9% of humans cannot tell the difference between that and the original CD.
Perhaps you have “Golden ears”
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot you were over at my house watching how I make mp3s and listening to them with me so you can tell me I'm making bad mp3s. First of all, my mp3s are fine and I can't see how these other programs are any better at extracting the audio off of a cd. But what it comes down to is this is a stupid argument. I don't make that many mp3s anyway. I make mp3s for a couple of reasons, to keep them on my computer to listen to on MusicMatch or to make a compilation for my car like the other day I made the complete "Collective Soul" collection. I had enough room on the disc to use 320kbps so thats how I extracted all of them as well. 98% of the time in my car I'm listening to either CD or XM radio and don't find much time for mp3s. At home I listen to cds, SACDs, DVD-Audios and vinyl and if I need background music while I'm doing work on the computer I'll put in a classical mp3 compilation I made.

I have a Denon 3910 for playing discs at home I've made alot of A/B comparisons between cd and mp3 just for the hell of it. I've always come up with the same conclusion. The depth I hear on a cd is NOT there on the mp3 PERIOD.

Yes this is a stupid argument, but I am not the one getting upset. All I was trying to do was show you how you can create the best sounding MP3s.

I can't see how these other programs are any better at extracting the audio off of a cd
That is my point, you making that comment is like me saying my Sparkomatic speakers sound just a good as Dynaudio. Why don’t you let me send you a disc of mp3s and you can decide for yourself? Perhaps, if you had better sounding mp3s, you would enjoy them more. Of course it is a compressed format, and who wouldn’t rather have the original CDs, but for space purposes you can’t beat mp3s.

Yes this is a stupid argument, but I am not the one getting upset. All I was trying to do was show you how you can create the best sounding MP3s..
First off, I was NOT getting upset ok.....just getting a point accross. And you weren't really telling me how to get the best sounding mp3s, you were mostly telling me that I was NOT making good mp3s....there is a difference.

That is my point, you making that comment is like me saying my Sparkomatic speakers sound just a good as Dynaudio.

Are you telling me that the difference between my mp3s and your mp3s is the same difference as Sparko and Dynaudio.?? Thats a bold statement considering you've never heard my mp3s.

Why don’t you let me send you a disc of mp3s and you can decide for yourself? Perhaps, if you had better sounding mp3s, you would enjoy them more. Of course it is a compressed format, and who wouldn’t rather have the original CDs, but for space purposes you can’t beat mp3s
I totally agree that when it comes to compressed music there is NO substitute for mp3. Its a format I use on my computer as I said in my earlier post.

If you want to send me an mp3 disc to judge for myself I would be more than happy to check it out. If you're serious about that give me a PM and we'll talk about it.

No one is forcing you to download/rip music and burn it to a CD ... If you want the best quality, go buy the CD and stop bitching ...
Or, just burn copies of CDs at high variable bit rate and listen to those via CD-R - betcha can't hear the difference... even on the best of equipment.

Or, just burn copies of CDs at high variable bit rate and listen to those via CD-R - betcha can't hear the difference... even on the best of equipment.
Betcha we can.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/mp31.htm

MP3 is lossy. Period. If you can't hear the difference, fine. But don't think because you can't hear it that noone else can, either. The only formats you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with are lossless, like FLAC or Monkey's Audio. Even then, a single ripped CD will take up 400 to 500 megs.

Betcha we can. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/mp31.htm

MP3 is lossy. Period. If you can't hear the difference, fine. But don't think because you can't hear it that noone else can, either. The only formats you wouldn't be able to tell the difference with are lossless, like FLAC or Monkey's Audio. Even then, a single ripped CD will take up 400 to 500 megs.
Heck, just burn a Windows Media file @ 800-1000kbps, variable. Sure, it takes up a lot of space, but you can still fit an entire CD on a CD-R, and the amount of info burned onto the CD-R will render the difference indiscernable.

Betcha we can.
You might be able to tell the difference between iTunes and a CD, but you can't between a good MP3 and the CD. I know you want to believe you can, but the guys over at http://www.hydrogenaudio.org have proven you can't.

Think I am wrong, think the professionals at HA are wrong, then run an ABX test on a CD against a proper MP3 and see for yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.