Mounting subwoofers in the port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Thomas M.

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey Caraudio people!
I'm in the middle of trying to fit 4 x 18's in a smaller car, and was wondering if i could utilize the ports as mounting spots for 2 of the subs?
The front only meassures 47x31.5 inches, and i'm having difficulty finding a good way to mount the subs.
I have attached a "rough" sketch of how i was thinking of mounting them, just unsure if it would work proper that way.
Subs in port.jpg

No. Trying to cram more subs than you have room for in a vehicle will result in sub par performance. I'd be surprised if you can fit one 18 in a small car in the proper enclosure.

My problem isnt so much the size of the enclosure, manufactor recommends 200 liters per sub, i got about 1100 liters total (wich should leave enough headroom for sub displacement and bracing).
The box goes pretty deep, the car is just not an SUV with alot of space from floor to roof.
My only concern is if the subs in the port will affect the tuning of the box?

Okey thanks for the info.
I couldn't really find any other that had done this when searching for it, so had a feeling it properly wasn't a good idea.
Gonna find annother way!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.