Mounting Speakers on Door Panels

Participant count
  • Participant list

07maximan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Im looking at getting some Focal 3 ways and don't have a spot to properly mount them on my doors.Is it possible to just mount them directly on my door panels? I have a 2014 Mustang and there is plenty of room on the plastic door panels themselves...is there a reason I couldn't drill a couple of holes and mount them right on the panel itself?

Im looking at getting some Focal 3 ways and don't have a spot to properly mount them on my doors.Is it possible to just mount them directly on my door panels? I have a 2014 Mustang and there is plenty of room on the plastic door panels themselves...is there a reason I couldn't drill a couple of holes and mount them right on the panel itself?
Nothing says you cant but they would need bolts and nuts.

Not all oem plastic is as thick so it may sag or tear in time.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

I did this and bought a spray can of truck bed liner. Keeps the moisture out of the wood, or so I hope
Im sorry I missed this post. This isnt a bad idea either. I might see if this is possible with my car.

Im sorry I missed this post. This isnt a bad idea either. I might see if this is possible with my car.
Should keep them mostly waterproof. They aren't the prettiest but they worked lol

bad16fd8f25a50123579c60549f3aa05.jpg
dd8b1ec5f489326a175080da776bf819.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.